Ok, just gotta do it, Why not at least a 40% discount?????

• Like 1

Well NVC, I can't calculate watt amperes or volt hours or inductance or resistance or impedance or hysteresis loss and such but I can calculate that if a GPZ 7000 package was $10,000.00 and the battery charging system was worth $2.00 and now the GPZ 7000 package is $8000 that is a 20% reduction therefor the charger, as a percentage of the package is worth 20% less than $2.00 which comes to $1.60. If you scratch off the Minelab logo it probably gives it a realistic worth of about 2 cents.

Feel free to check and correct my arithmetic as needed.

• Like 1

Not seeing it but a word of experience and caution : The 12v lead for the charger is a piece of junk.  If you have had a short take a look at where the strain reliefe at the back of the plug for the car port meets the wire.  Both my partner and I had a failure at this point because the cheap pvc insulation split there and allowed the wire to short out.  This also blows the fuse inside the plug.  Its not easily repairable especially out bush. Its also a good spot for the wire to break down internally and lead to poor performance in my opinion.

Cold weather makes the pvc brittle and the strain reliefe becomes quite solid and unflexable.  I turned mine over to Mat at Finders Keepers in Kal and he's taken the complaint up with ML.  Gave my partner a new lead however I had a work around with a carport charger for my Energizer rechargable that worked wonders *heavy lead*.  As to the light blinking red or green.... red meant my vehicles deep cycle was low *and the eske was not working... hehh* and blinking green never cause a bit of difference the next day... as long as it was steady green in the morning as it always was.  Turning the engine over for a couple of hours every other day helped.

Never had any issues with the mains lead for the charger.  Both here in the US and AU.

KL, never could work out that % on my calculator.

Really to help get away from 12v troubles, ditch the cig lighter connection and go with something like the old Clipsal 32v polarised plug & socket, even more so for fridge connections. Back in this thread I attached a photo that shows such, been using them for 40 years no drama.

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and used my 12v charger for my GPZ battery last weekend in Quartzsite with no problem. I will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the heads up Fred.