18 minutes ago, Mike Hillis said:

The MDT-8000 is getting good reviews....

The Fisher Aqua Manta is getting good reviews....

HH
Mike

Hi Mike,

How can the Aqua Manta be getting good reviews? It’s not on the market yet. I am not putting the machine down.... I’m interested in one myself. But all we know is what the developer is saying unless you can point me to reviews by somebody else.

Yeah, lots of happy Tarsacci users from what I have seen.

No, you are right, Steve.  Just developer feedback on the Aqua Manta.   Tantalizing feedback, but still just developer feedback.

HH
Mike

Comparable machine to the Sand Shark is the the Garrett Sea Hunter which I picked up recently. I am really happy with it and the battery life seems longer than they say spec wise. Price wise it doesn't break the band and will pick up bobby pins just as well as any other pi :)

• Like 1

I had a prototype late last year for a few days.  At Coronado beach in San Diego, it hit a buried nickel at 17-18” with a strong signal with the iron ID on or off.  My Nox managed 8” on the same nickel. The beach was striped heavily with black sand. The discrimination works in or out of the water.   When the AQ is in the iron Mute mode it kind of reminds me of the Soverign because the iron goes quiet - however, unlike the Sovereign or Excal, there is no nulling. Any low conductive target like gold is still heard just fine, even under a few nails, the iron just sort of disappears.

C7F14A1C-FD56-4DCF-A4FE-FB6B44CE140E.jpeg

• Like 2

As far as I could tell, the presence of iron near gold had no effect on the signal from the gold when the AQ was operated in the “Iron Mute” ID mode. In all metal, all targets are heard and the iron is heard as well as the gold.