Agree Rick, probably from their early dabbles in PI coils they got burnt thus have become too conservative towards coils, the X coils on the Z along with NF and Coilteks flat winding coils on the PIs have shown this. Obviously coils are not their forte, we know their detectors are because they are without doubt light years ahead of any competition in gold detectors, maybe they have a mental block in place regarding coils or it is just not worth them going that way. Buh when it comes down to sales thus corporate profits I don`t think us enthusiast are considered much, we are just a "side show".

• Like 2

Logic can easily be used to explain delays, logic says there has been COVID19 and that the coils need to meet strict standards to pass muster.

JP

Customer with a nice 22 gram piece found recently with one of the plug and play prototype test coils.

4FD1F648-A082-49D5-832F-4AA99F4C61A0.thumb.jpeg.b59c2b9575d9586adf86f9427499eb09.jpeg

F18A511C-5F53-4C08-A5F0-04B0E0B48D3A.thumb.jpeg.74f07e294d4f321214a81cd91cc7bda8.jpeg

• Like 4

I still wonder if an 8 inch coil would be a possibility for the current GPZ configuration. In my view, coils below 10 inch start to be really practical in difficult terrain, like small washes or dried out creek beds. I exclusively use the SDC in these grounds, but it would be great to have a ZVT detector at work as well 🙂 

On 11/20/2020 at 10:16 AM, phrunt said:

I wish we had big surface gold like that

The 22 gram piece wasn’t surface gold😳, it was at approx 12 inches in super noisy variable soils. The worse the ground the less the depth you achieve. In this case the nugget was an easy find because it was in a super awkward location in amongst prickle bushes, the lighter coil, quieter operation and smaller size allowed for him to detect there. (Smaller means less salt signal)

Newbie customer from FB finds in only a few hours after the training session

1DF4E91A-04DE-4C82-BBCA-896090F537C5.thumb.jpeg.1b79ae4b99716bc22a305e8512f3971d.jpeg

Some bits and pieces I’ve found recently on old patches 

DE90AE36-9528-4D13-97EF-B9038737BFEA.thumb.jpeg.d1905c6cdada4e0b201024aa242f877b.jpeg

7B359381-D39C-47CC-9313-528E7E509218.thumb.jpeg.668d94e7bd5e5290e357840e68f46499.jpeg

Friends finds from yesterdays session in super hot variable ground

93B2A2B7-CB25-4362-8172-CEF2A0C8D94E.thumb.jpeg.7d217bdfc55eb130bde781bb87e49af0.jpeg

Vicky was customer who bought a GPZ based on the weight saving of the ZSearch coil, her first nugget was this 8 gram piece with the test coil on one of my training patches (thrashed). They are eagerly waiting for the release. 

712C7C23-4466-477E-933C-0DF1D46404AA.jpeg.b0d41dc7b4f5f5c50ca24f90177b5b0d.jpeg

AB3A7C81-661B-4223-A664-CA867EAA8FE4.thumb.jpeg.cc6d52e0b900684257afc0ceea9ba0b3.jpeg

5 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

I still wonder if an 8 inch coil would be a possibility for the current GPZ configuration. In my view, coils below 10 inch start to be really practical in difficult terrain, like small washes or dried out creek beds. I exclusively use the SDC in these grounds, but it would be great to have a ZVT detector at work as well 🙂 

I doubt the idea that Minelab would ever release a factory 8" . They would be putting the hurt on their SDC market.  More money to be made in selling detectors.

Its also a real pity Nugget finder is not making a small coil option.  A 12 inch coil just seems redundant, too close to factory size. Unless its got some trick wingdings and sensitivity, I dont see much point in that. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

Where are people getting these "Z Search" coils? :smile:

Dave, let me know when you found out and I will pay for the trip so we both can get one... But honestly, I think that once officially released, the demand will be so huge that the average people (like me) would likely not get one anytime soon

I for one, am happy to have an alternative to the stock coil, close as it is in size. It will be another useful tool and I have never been disappointed with any Nugget Finder coil…ever, and I have owned a ton of them.

• Like 2

The latest ZSearch coil I’m using is an MTR unit (Manufacturing Trial Run) and is a clone of the coil sent to ML for validation. It makes sense to then let a few people have a play to confirm my own experiences, who better than a wide mix of people from our customer base, both experienced and inexperienced GPZ operators. So far the feedback has been very positive.

The orange stick is a ferrite assist stick we used to supply for ferrite balancing the GPZ held onto the shaft by clamps, since the inception of Semi-Auto GB mode the frequency required for ferrite balancing has reduced immeasurably, negating the need to carry it around with you. 

Hope this helps
JP

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Rob Allison
      Hello All,
         Had a great time testing the new Nugget Finder "Z Search" Searchcoil today on a wash I haven't hunted in some time.  This small coil for the GPZ 7000 is much lighter, more sensitive and easier to pinpoint small targets with.  I was super impressed with the new coil, wish I had a few dozen in stock.  I also love the fact you don't have to modify anything, just mount and plug in like a stock GPZ coil.  
      I have already had 3 customers burn up their $8000 GPZ 7000 by making some wiring mistakes on adapters for aftermarket coils.  In my opinion, I don't recommend anyone voiding a warranty or sacrificing a $8000 metal detector if you make a mistake.  
      Pictured below are nuggets found today with the new coil here in Arizona.  The coil comes with a lower shaft, mounting hardware and skidplate.  

• By Rob Allison
      Hello All,
         Well, here we go all, going to test the new Nugget Finder "Z Search" Searchcoil for the Minelab GPZ 7000 metal detector.  The coil is super light, well built and includes a lower shaft.  This coil will plug right in, no modifications needed.  I will be carrying these coils once they become available from NF.  I don't have a solid MAP price yet and already have a good amount of pre-orders and pre-down payments to hold some of the first ones in the US to be sold to the public.  
      I know this is going to be a solid searchcoil for the GPZ 7000.  I'm super excited to test the new "Z Search" out.  Thanks Nugget Finder! 
      Pictures below -

• By Robert Eaton Jr
      Hey everybody. I've been working my butt off to try to get ready to go find gold.Sometime seems like one step forward two steps back. A week and a half ago I was at the bottom of gold hill outside Virginia City, testing out the GPZ in the gold monster with my wife and kids, and when we put all the gear away I had my keys on the minelab vest, and stupidly locked them in the back of our car right at sun down. Being off the beaten path, and having to work had no choice but to smash my rear window to get the keys and get my family out of there. Just so happens that rear window is more expensive than my windshield at 500 plus dollars :-(.
      Had to look of finding a free spirit Odyssey 45-in tent for only $2,000 near San Diego. Went down and picked it up, only to find out that the so-called towing Springs that I thought I ordered, and we're actually tihuan springs for a golf, and not the towing Springs that I thought. My mistake ordering them, now my car sags, and I've got a cough up another $160 and change the Springs myself. Times money. To make things even better, on the way back through the Mojave desert my heater core went out. Fortunately it's got a CPo warranty, unfortunately I can't trust the local dealership so I have to drive to Sacramento to have the dealership fix it, luckily it's only 50 bucks. And that covers this sway bar bushings too which are bad.
      Yesterday I spent all day delivering doordash checking out Auburn and a little bit placer County. Forest Hill road and some other spots. Found an awesome mining store in Auburn. I like to get back today to metal detector it caught a land where I saw people excavating for a new home in placer County. I've got to work my butt off to pay off these bills, I hope I could get one or two hours.
      I had went to Cold Springs to get some Paydirt with my wife from the bedrock that was exposed. So far I found tons of iron. Bringing it home to our kitchen, where I spent about an hour and a half learning to pan for the first time. With a five bucket gallon, it took me about a good hour to find a good rhythm. Wow am I a slow panner:(
      I'm working on it, ordered some classifiers, and realized I need to get a sluice box or something to make that process go faster. I totally don't have any cash left to do that though...
      So I also wanted to figure out how to make my GPZ and gold monster operate better where there's tons of iron. Sitting in bed right now I was just trying to set my machine with Steve's super hot settings, which apparently were not as hot as the ones I was running, when the ultimate nightmare happened.
      Not even dressed, GPZ in my arms, I can see a gray line going down the center of the screen. Un freaking believable. I hardly used my GPZ yet. Not the hundreds of hours required. I've never dropped it I have no idea how this happened. Every free second of my day I try to spend looking for gold. there's no way I could afford to part with it for a couple months to send it to Australia. I'm hoping there's some way to have it fixed we're able to fix itself. Has anybody ever seen it a grey line in their display?
      Now my f75 LCD is worse than my GPZ, and my poor GPZ has a line through it... I never let it go in lower than  15-20°....

• By Nigel M
      Hi everyone.
      I have a Gpx5000, Based your experiences, which coil is the best between the 2 Nuggetfinder 17"x13" coils. The Solid coil or spoked? 
      Thanks in advance for your replies.
      Nigel M.
    • By Lunk
      What better way to ring in the new year than going nugget shooting in the sunny desert southwest. 😎 In my wanderings through an area heavily worked by the old-time placer miners, I spied an old raked and drywashed nugget patch on a hillside that sloped down to a gravel bench deposit high above the dry creek bed. Back in the VLF gold detector era, the surface rocks were raked away in order to get the detector coil right on the ground, to make up for their limited depth capabilities. Detecting these types of environments with the newer PI and ZVT tech can reveal deeper nuggets that were beyond the reach of VLF detector operators. Slow and methodical coverage of the old patch with the GPZ 7000 yielded two small nuggets for the poke today.

• By Goldseeker5000
      This is a question for anyone in the States or Australia that owns and has had time to give solid, detailed, performance information on NF 25"DD X Coil. I'm interested in knowing coping with the weight since it weighs 4.4 lbs., Stability with ground noise, depth of nuggets you have personally dug using it, not stories you have heard of, have you used it on open hillsides or just on flat ground, size of nuggets you have found with it, what is the smallest you have found with it, does it impress you, how does it do on pinpointing, and any other info you can think of regarding it. And last, do you really really like this coil?