Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thanks to James Beatty for mentioning this Russian site that shows pictures of the 6000"s internal circuit board.

https://md-arena.com/razborka-minelab-gpx-6000-chto-vnutri-ochen-dorogoj-novinki/?fbclid=IwAR2q9Cll560LUXoC0arxPr8zDALHI-5LLDM0S5zCeLUJYs--_d9KraNCIq0

I was reading the comments (translated) and noticed that Steve and his comrads are¬†held in high regards in Russia as well.ūüôā

Quote: The circuitry of this device and me, too, "amazed to the core"! Made "very good" (really good, no kidding!), BUT why done - absolutely incomprehensible! (SIXTEEN (!) IMPAD / Pirates "In one bottle" !!! IT'S COOL !!!) It will be interesting to know what The "result" of using this technology in real search? I think that Steve Hershbach "and his comrades" will discuss this device and will experience "the full program" - this is their "theme".

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

The photos are¬†from the ‚Äúinternal photos‚ÄĚ document posted here.

Since every page of that document is clearly marked ‚Äúthis document shall not be reproduced, except in full,‚Ä̬†I‚Äôve been linking to the source, rather than copying the photos, as was done on the Russian website.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jin said:

I think that Steve Hershbach "and his comrades" will discuss this device and will experience "the full program" - this is their "theme".

This is our "theme" indeed!...Right comrades?¬†ūüėĀ

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to start keeping up, for being a "breaking news" type site they are well behind. :laugh: I posted the link to those pictures over a week ago here.

The 14 chips they are asking about are probably to encode/decode various channels (these channels are discussed in the patent). Remember the old analog cable TV that had 120 channels going through one wire on one signal? Similar concept.

The detector appears to be based around an FPGA, which are pretty cool scifi like devices to me even now. You can reconfigure hardware to become whatever you want it to be, via programming a chip. The Microsemi's have a lot of security built in and it's doubtful anyone will be able to replicate the 6000. It's like basically either crack major unbreakable encryption, or cut the chip up and scan it with an ion beam to try to replicate it, good luck. That's probably why they haven't bothered to obscure any of their circuitry this go around.

But to me, that board also shows that us needing to pay more $$ for "IP theft" may no longer be a particularly valid reason for arbitrarily high prices on this particular machine.

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jasong said:

They need to start keeping up, for being a "breaking news" type site they are well behind. :laugh: I posted the link to those pictures over a week ago here.

The 14 chips they are asking about are probably to encode/decode various channels (these channels are discussed in the patent). Remember the old analog cable TV that had 120 channels going through one wire on one signal? Similar concept.

The detector appears to be based around an FPGA, which are pretty cool scifi like devices to me even now. You can reconfigure hardware to become whatever you want it to be, via programming a chip. The Microsemi's have a lot of security built in and it's doubtful anyone will be able to replicate the 6000. It's like basically either crack major unbreakable encryption, or cut the chip up and scan it with an ion beam to try to replicate it, good luck. That's probably why they haven't bothered to obscure any of their circuitry this go around.

But to me, that board also shows that us needing to pay more $$ for "IP theft" may no longer be a particularly valid reason for arbitrarily high prices on this particular machine.

 

We can all see that the various critical components are now code and software driven, negating any need for white masking paint. I would hope that ML has far better cyber security than it was several years ago when the Chinese hacked them so easily. Coz the codes are now the crucial factor, not the hardware. 

 

Currently published info doesn't mention MPS as being part of the operating system which is ML's multi channel PI patent. But, it simply HAS to be part and parcel of the Geo-sense system, otherwise it cannot be able to simultaneously detect both small and large targets. Previous MPS use in the 4500 and 5000 was still only dual channel, so I anticipate that with far better hardware now in the 6000, we'll see 3 or 4 channels being used. Maybe the '3 filters' use a separate channel for each one?  :unsure:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Heck I was all excited until I got to their page.¬† Spent the better part of an hour to get through the 1st paragraph and still confused.¬† Their spelling sucks...ūüėÜ

Guess I'll stick with the finished product when it arrives.¬† Interesting to see someone would take one apart already.¬† Maybe I could trade some good Vodka for their unit?ūüėČ

Either way, it is nice to know some on here DP are worth listening to.

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Heck I was all excited until I got to their page.¬† Spent the better part of an hour to get through the 1st paragraph and still confused.¬† Their spelling sucks...ūüėÜ

Guess I'll stick with the finished product when it arrives.¬† Interesting to see someone would take one apart already.¬† Maybe I could trade some good Vodka for their unit?ūüėČ

Either way, it is nice to know some on here DP are worth listening to.

 

Good for DP Forum to be held in high regard! Thanks to X Coils Ilya for that link.

The things myself and others found interesting: There appears to be only the standard 5 wires coming out of that multi terminal coil input plug, and that extraordinary long row of Multiplexers/Demultiplexers. Perhaps several timings operating simultaneously? It has also been mentioned that the lack of white "goo" is because that's how the FCC require them to be presented.

Stop chuckling Jonno! We're allowed to speculate!  :)

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 wires coming out of the plug is 1 more than the GPZ has (RX has both shielding and wire to the plug, hence 5 pins and 4 wires). An X Ray of the 6000 mono and DD's would be most excellent.

As to the 12 pin connector - there could be other wires terminating on the circuit board before the choke and under the hot glue that we don't see. Or they might be doing something like reducing skin effect losses in the wire/pin connection by jumpering each wire to 2 pins to increase the effective surface area of each connection? That's the kind of farm engineering I'd do though, not really a corporation maybe.

That aside, something new is definitely going on. I guess the red is shielded RX? Blue is coax or coil shielding? What are the 3 black wires? A standard DD only has 1 TX, a DOD has 2 TX. Does this 6000 have 3 TX's?

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jasong said:

That aside, something new is definitely going on. I guess the red is shielded RX? Blue is coax or coil shielding? What are the 3 black wires? A standard DD only has 1 TX, a DOD has 2 TX. Does this 6000 have 3 TX's?

Jasong: DOD has two RX, not TX. To speculate further - and based on the GPZ super D coil colour wiring :

 Blue is the shield wire, clear (red) and grey are the transmit, then could there be three separate (switchable) receive windings? (black)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not according to the X Coil pinout for the patch lead. It says 2 TX in 2 different diagrams. Do they have it wrong twice?

I'd post it here but I'm uncertain if those were private or allowed to be shared.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

    • By Condor
      Are JP et al trading in their Z7000s in favor of the 6000?  Is this the "Go To" machine for everyday prospectors?  From initial reports it would appear the 6000 excels at sub half gram nuggets in OZ soils, but isn't expected to compete with the 7000 on bigger/deeper gold.  Here in the US, will I have to sell a kidney for the luxury of having both detectors?  It may be some time before us CONUS prospectors even see the availability of such a machine, do I sell the 7000 before the market is flooded?  Does anybody know what the recovery time is for a kidney donor?
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Apr 19, 2021 The Gold Rush Guy - "Great to finally get the new Minelab GPX 6000 and take it out for a run. Very impressed with its sensitivity, especially the depth of even small pieces of gold. Apologies with the video quality. Will rectify in future hunts."
       
    • By Steve Herschbach
      The first video I've seen by somebody that knows stuff. 
      4/18/2021 Digging with PhaseTech - Well, it is finally out, and finding plenty of gold already! The Minelab GPX6000 was a fun project to be involved in. Here's the first of many videos where I will showcase finds, tips and techniques, comparisons and just having fun with it in the field.
       
    • By Steve Herschbach
      From luckystrikegold.com.au/product/detectorgpx6000/:
      ‚ÄúUPDATE 14/4/21¬†We are expecting the new GPX 6000 in next week in very limited quantities.‚ÄĚ
      Not a peep out of U.S. dealers, but maybe Minelab is telling them nothing.
      Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews
      Minelab GPX 6000 Accessories and Spare Parts
      Minelab GPX 6000 Owner’s Manual

    • By Steve Herschbach
      Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews
      Minelab GPX 6000 Accessories and Spare Parts
      Minelab GPX 6000 Owner’s Manual
×
×
  • Create New...