Threshold Issue

Ogliuga

5 hours ago, midalake said:

This is not true. The WS6 headphones are complete junk and the shaft is not usable in water.  

Calm it is necessary to relativize the headphones will soon be available in several versions, I board on the other hand not to try in the water, but it is necessary to take the whole and to be objective. I don't want to hurt anyone, sorry if my French is badly translated.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/17/2022 at 11:25 PM, Ogliuga said:

happened to dig deep targets with a threshold variation..

I know what You mean and I found the pitch mode to work slightly better in terms of sound modulation from faint to solid.

But the true threshold sound of an analog machine still is another thing.

For disconnected treshold I mean an isolated sound not regarding the presence of an object and a sound variation but only a hum, telling you "I'm on"...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, midalake said:

This is not true. The WS6 headphones are complete junk and the shaft is not usable in water.  

They are definitely not junk,  the WS6 are very similar to the Deus1 WS4 headphones that are by far the most popular Deus1 wireless headphones used over here in France . This because they are very light and they are opened so that you can hear the external sounds , then they are excellent for inland hunting  .   I agree that they are a little fragile . This is the reason why I have reinforced mines with a sticky tape, look at the pics below ..

For beach hunting it is a different story as the weather conditions are often tough and very windy then closed big heaphones are a much better choice . I agree that the WS6 may not be the right tool for beach hunting ..

My D1 WS4 reinforced with a sticky tape . Not very aesthetic but I have been using it since several years now without any pb  ... :

DSC00058.JPG

DSC00060.JPG

DSC00061.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, mudwhale said:

I have found that threshold does not work in any of the FMF modes. In other words, there is zero break in the threshold sound when any metal is nearby. It works in the Mono modes though.

I have to try in Mono...for the rest I totally agree with you..

16 hours ago, midalake said:

I like the WS6. Most of the places I use a metal detector it pays to be very aware of your surroundings. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Pajaro said:

I like the WS6. Most of the places I use a metal detector it pays to be very aware of your surroundings. 

In the forests of Europe we have wild boars and if there is a female with her babies it is better for you to hear them coming because you will have a bad time. For the beach they are not worth anything, it is better to try the Gray Ghost helmet but they are out of stock worldwide.

• Like 2

The ws6 headphones are very uncomfortable ... after an hour the tips of the ears and the back of the head hurt. The pocket size does not compensate for this. The headphone panel is easily scratched.

18 minutes ago, Shelton said:

... and the back of the head hurt. ...

I would suggest you to stick a piece of foam on the back of the headphones , which should solve the pb . Personnally I dont hesitate to modify things when I dont like them ...

• Like 4