Day 2 At The Beach - Deus 2 Debut

Cool looking hairpin!  The beach looks like a nice soft slope to hunt. Are the signals you are digging all solid hits or are you checking some of the more sketchy signals too. Asking for a friend 😄

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Cool looking hairpin!  The beach looks like a nice soft slope to hunt. Are the signals you are digging all solid hits or are you checking some of the more sketchy signals too. Asking for a friend 😄

I'm digging just about everything, sketchy or not. Ignoring most pull tabs because of the consistent numbers, sinkers are high tones and TID, so they all come out. The Equinox is better with them. The good stuff has a better "feel" from the tones, the Deus is very clever in this respect.

I was hoping the varied crap I post would indicate I'm covering all ranges 🤣

Last year I got my wife an 18k gold ring that was a 1 on the Equinox. 😎 You have to dig a lot of foil to get a ring with that detector. I'm thinking the Deus will land me one too.

For the most part the beach is very easy to dig, I use a composite trowel so I can pinpoint out the target. There are some spots where it's a bit hard but most of the original sand here is decomposed or ground coral.

• Like 6

Beach combing get yourself one of the wire scoops from RTG. Not very pricey, very light and great to shake out sand. I use one more than the regular scoop. Regular scoops work good in the surf but harder to shake out on shore. Real back saver too.

Looks like your catching on to the D2 🙂

• Like 3

14 hours ago, kac said:

Beach combing get yourself one of the wire scoops from RTG. Not very pricey, very light and great to shake out sand. I use one more than the regular scoop. Regular scoops work good in the surf but harder to shake out on shore. Real back saver too.

Looks like your catching on to the D2 🙂

Thanks, I'm getting used to it. 🙂

I've got  CooB Shark V10 with a 6' handle. Does the job nicely! 🙂

• Like 1

Looks like that beach filled in some since any major erosion! So the targets are most likely gonna be fewer and/or more modern! Also gonna depend on tourist traffic! Spring breaks are staggered, but probably mostly over by now! Tough to catch some good erosion events, when just visiting! But wind direction could change in your favor while your there, and open up a window for you to catch a few good spots! Good luck!!🍀👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Looks like that beach filled in some since any major erosion! So the targets are most likely gonna be fewer and/or more modern! Also gonna depend on tourist traffic! Spring breaks are staggered, but probably mostly over by now! Tough to catch some good erosion events, when just visiting! But wind direction could change in your favor while your there, and open up a window for you to catch a few good spots! Good luck!!🍀👍👍

You are absolutely spot on. 🏆😀

Nothing but new, gonna post later, it wasn't bad but the tide's not out yet. 😵 It's a 6 to 8 foot tide, sometimes 10. 

Full report later😁 Right now I'm grilling Filet mignon. 👍

• Like 1

Enjoy the feast!

Unlike here, the large tide swing can still open up some eroded areas, or "holes" that may collect, or hold some good/old goodies! Also, any unusual features like big rocks, boat ruts, etc... that can hold or expose deeper layers of harder sediment where the good stuff comes to rest! And don't forget the sight finds, and signs of old exposed items; broken bricks, pottery, glass, oyster shell beds,etc...!

.  Generally, seaweed lines on the beach mean it's building! And they will also hold most of the light trash, like aluminum, fishing hooks with line, or leader wire! But can sometimes hold jewelry chains too! Many chains can fill with sand and become stiff, and just role around the surf line; but now I digress! 😁👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Enjoy the feast!

Unlike here, the large tide swing can still open up some eroded areas, or "holes" that may collect, or hold some good/old goodies! Also, any unusual features like big rocks, boat ruts, etc... that can hold or expose deeper layers of harder sediment where the good stuff comes to rest!

.  Generally, seaweed lines on the beach mean it's building! And they will also hold most of the light trash, like aluminum, fishing hooks with line, or leader wire! But can sometimes hold jewelry chains too! Many chains can fill with sand and become stiff, and just role around the surf line; but now I digress! 😁👍👍

That's great advice! Are you kidding me? I have no idea what to expect, last time I was on a beach was almost a year ago.

• Haha 1

Don't feel bad, even learning this stuff, and being close to the beaches,I still have many really crappy hunts!🤣👍👍