Day 3 At The Beach - Deus 2

4 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Sanded IN ! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Still did pretty good by my count.

Never seen that dollar before...

Nice zoom on the chopper landing !

Outta likes , count as 3 !

I didn't know it existed myself, but I did know some commemorative dollars are out there. They only made it in 2015, the D mintmark is the second least mintage at 3,500,000. San Francisco mint of course is the lowest at 1.5 million. It's only worth face value for now.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, geof_junk said:

I hope you put those coloured pull tab's in your collection 😁

Yeah, I probably should collect all colors and do some art stuff with them, but it takes too much time away from finding them. 😀 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh my! 1

It's so hard to find a spot that isn't sanded in sometimes when you have all that area to guess where to go. You did pretty good in getting some finds. My luck is that I get very little good finds when it's sanded in. The dollar coin is cool and I wish they would replace the one dollar bill with them, (so we could find them of course 😄.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

It's so hard to find a spot that isn't sanded in sometimes when you have all that area to guess where to go. You did pretty good in getting some finds. My luck is that I get very little good finds when it's sanded in. The dollar coin is cool and I wish they would replace the one dollar bill with them, (so we could find them of course 😄.

The tide has been advancing an hour a day since we got here, first day was about 12 pm,  now it's 4. 🤬 That's one of the issues of travel hunting, you're at the mercy of the tides.

I wish the mints would do that too, the Australians are having too much fun with their 1 and 2 dollar coins. 👍

It rained last night and is going to this morning so I'm going out this afternoon to catch low tide. Shouldn't be too many people out there now we're past Easter.

I have the best wife in the world. 😀

• Like 4

6 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I didn't know it existed myself, but I did know some commemorative dollars are out there. They only made it in 2015, the D mintmark is the second least mintage at 3,500,000. San Francisco mint of course is the lowest at 1.5 million. It's only worth face value for now.

Had to break out my latest (2022) RedBook.  Yep, apparently 2011 (Presidentials) was the last time brass dollar coins were made for circulation here in the USA.  This pattern has been going on as early as mid-19th Century -- US government decides something new will catch on and after a few years of lack of public interest the mintages drop; usually takes them a while to stop minting altogether after that realization, though.

Ironic that most of the world has done away with the equivalent of our 1-cent and 5-cent coins and low denomination bills, with $1 and $2 coins (and equivalent) being used frequenty.  Dinosaur public here refused to use half dollars decades ago and all attempts at dollar coins have failed miserably.  Meanwhile worthless zincolns are cranked out by the billions.  I guess with the (worldwide) rapidly decreasing use of hard (fiat) money it's becoming irrelvant anyway.  :sad:

It's surprising finding a coin never meant for circulation.  I only have done that once (a Proof cent from early 2000's).  I always suspect larceny.  Yes, the condition of yours drops its value to more/less face, but still a neat find.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

but still a neat find.

I searched the forum for "Truman", nobody ever found one and posted it?

Wow. My grandfather's first name was Truman, unusual first name. He passed in the 70s. He was born in the late 1800s so he wasn't named for the president. 😀 Guess I got a lucky coin!

Ironic anyway. 😁

• Like 1

350, good story, pic's and finds. Good luck on your next prospecting adventure!

• Thanks 1