Reports On MX Sport Firmware Update - Post Here

Guest Paul (Ca)

I didn't get to go out with the new detector until late today. One of the first things I found out what Daniel said on the site Steve posted is true.  That is on pinpoint you don't get audio past 3 are 4 inches.Then i check the SAT and the top was 6 and if I'm not wrong with the new firmware it should be 8. I just can't believe I've got a new detector without the new firmware update..

I have yet to put the 10 inch coil on because I found the other one was so noisy. I don't find the 6 x 10  to be that way but i'm going to run a test as I get hear a building .with electrical.

Chuck

On findmall one person has stated that the newer firmware units sent to dealers had a SAT of 6 while the ones sent in for updates had 8. Confusing I know. Check it with the 10dd, you'll be able to tell easy if it's got the newest firmware.

iqwozpoom

On the audio pinpoint it sounded if it is muffle. I didn't realize what the problem was until I done a  air test  on the pinpoint.at home. That's when I found you lost the audio on pinpoint past what I said on the other post.

I've been reading what others have posted on other forums about the MX Sport.

Chuck  

Chuck,

Same here. I waited to order and even got assurances from the dealer that their stock had the latest version firmware. They said that whites had assured them! But a quick SAT check indicated just 6 levels, and three coins 4 inches apart on coin and jewelry yields just 1 long tone. So at this point, I have no idea what version firmware I have. I'm guessing version 1. The dealer offered to replace it but why would I send it back and chance getting a machine with the same version firmware once again. I'll wait a couple of months, let things settle down, then send it to whites directly for an update. Then. . . hopefully. . .all will be good in the world. 

Mike

Mike 

I wish you the best with your MX Sport.

I see this is your first post and on that I welcome you. Keeps us updated on your MX Sport.

Till then.

Chuck

Chuck, can you tell me how to test the pinpoint function? 

Gambler

The odd thing on the pinpoint problem I didn't hear it on the other detector. I was at a school yard and this one area has gravel on top from 3 to 6 inches. What I was detecting was below the gravel being this was put on top of a old play ground. The first time I was thinking that pinpoint tone is odd like no volume are muffle. What I done when I came home was run a test with the pinpoint on. What I found is when you get the target out away from the coil you lose the sound.The thing is you know it's still there because ID meter reads the depth.

Like said I'm sure the other detector that I still have didn't have this problem. It's box up and it's going to stay that way. I knew I had a problem with this one on the first. time I pushed the pinpoint button.

Give it a try and I hope this is not a problem for you.

Chuck

PS I just wonder what else will jump up and bite us in the butt  . 

I ran a test to see how EMI in the house would effect the MX Sport. What I done was take a yard stick and block it up 22 inches off the floor. I put in right in front of a small TV with one end of the stick near it and the other end out in the room. I had the 6 x 10 coil on the MX Sport for this test. I then put a penny nickel dime quarter and a half on the yard stick. I first used my Eagle 2 for the test. I went from coin to coin with a good signal and it ID each coin. The threshold tone was smooth and the signal tone was good.  It never showed the TV was giving it trouble in any form.. Then it was the MX Sport time for the same test.. I took off all the coins and told myself I'd try one coin in the middle and that put it 18 inches away from the TV. I am in coin and jewelry mode on both detectors. When I turned on the MX Sport it sounded okay at first put that didn't last long. The nearer I got to the coin and the TV the MX Sport couldn't take it. Oh it detected the coin but it made more noise because of the TV than it did detecting the coin.

You hear me and others say how they like the MX Sport. One said the 10 inch coil is too noisy and he is right because I too said that. I'd call that a issue. If a coin is beyond 4 inches from the coil you lose the pinpoint tone. There is another issue. The ID is not correct most of the time. On a coin I put in the ground it detected it one way but not the other. With any other detector I'd moved on because again most of the time it's trash when it does that. Well I"d call that a issue too.

I think the detector has great depth at times but that was another issue. I've got to get that detector off today with UPS. The thing is I need to send this one in that replace the first one I got. I'll call Tonya because she is the one that sent this detector to replace the one I need to mail back to her.

I'll say no more until I talk with her.

Chuck

• Like 1

Well Tonya from Treasure Electronics in Ok. has went on vacation. The lady that did answer the phone said she really didn't  know and it would be best for me to call White's.

I believe Tom and Tyler will read this today and will contact me. If not for any reason they don't I'll  send them a PM on here and they always answer. They may not like what we say but they have never turn their back on us. 

Here I am again I like the MX Sport but I don't want it with all the bugs it got. I don't want it back until everything is fixed. The trouble is I don't want to have to wait how ever long that takes. I need a coin detector now not a month are a year from now. I order this one 3-14-16 so you can see I've been at this a long time. For the time I've had the MX Sport has been spent testing not coin hunting. Now with the new one here I'm again testing.

Right now I'll do without a waterproof detector and won't get my feet wet. Just give me a great coin detector and I won't darken your door again. If I want to beach hunt I've got PI detectors to do that and one is waterproof.

Chuck.