Better Understanding GPZ 7000 Zero Voltage Transmission ( ZVT )

Got you DDancer, initially I considered the 19" coil was a totally different beast to the 14" not so sure now. I`ll be trying same conservative settings next time I use the 14". No the holes weren't big arse holes, once I`d cleared the debris and couple of inches of the surface to get the coil closer to the targets, the 19" centred nicely, targets were a clear signal then and I went the rest with a 6ft bar, holes from then on were only 1.5ft in dia, varying a little as I moved wash rocks, otherwise hard dry clay. Gold is eluvial, on a gentle slope had not got into the creek, very little alluvial gold in country I detect now.

No cap rock as in WA nor calcite, thus no need for a massive hole. Love the (fairly recent purchase)  Whites TRX for this as it has the best depth right at the tip I`ve encountered in a pinpointer. I`ve rarely used a pinpointer on gold only for coins but I grabbed it when I went back to vehicle to get the bar. Worked a treat. Interesting tit bit, the transmit tip of the 19" (protrudes forward and rearward of receive coils) picks up the signal as you get close at reduced sensitivity, handy feature, just poke down hole with coil standing up or as close to as you can get.

• Like 6

Interesting observation on the 19's sensitivity for pinpointing. Hehh maybe I ought to give it a go... hrm...  Not into having a backhoe for a side kick though... bad enough a genny and all the requisites in the ute ;)