WTG Eric! I know you earned those nuggets

Norm

• Like 2

Very nice indeed!  Were these recent finds or from the past?

• Like 1

Really great gold, thanks for posting the pic. I guess maybe the GPZ does work :smile:

• Like 1

All recent finds,he is on his way up to the Q to see what he can dig up there.

• Like 1

Congrats to the lucky finder!

• Like 1

Paul ,the biggest piece was found not to far from where you lost your keys for the land crusier.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, beatup said:

Paul ,the biggest piece was found not to far from where you lost your keys for the land crusier.

Thats wonderful to hear.......both of them!!!! 🤬---------------------------😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By oneguy
      OK...I'm bored as the snow keeps piling up!!!  I remember reading a thread on one of these forums, which I can't remember which one, but somebody posted some very small bits he'd gotten with I believe a Gold Monster(?).  Anyways....one of the replies posted was from a person who couldn't and wouldn't believe a detector could find gold that tiny.  Soooo.... just for fun lets see some pics of your smallest bits and what detector you got them with???  Mine below were got with the Monster.....

• By Steve Herschbach
      I post these Facebook embeds from time to time. If you are not a Facebook user you may or may not see the photos.

• By Gerry in Idaho
      My customer on MX trip with me 2 weeks ago. 1st day 1st ring & it's this mans 14K gold with a gold Krugerrand coin. I told him to quit & just hang out at the bar as I felt he would not find a better. Should have listened as it actually did become his best find of the trip.   It is his 1st gold coin find ever.
      So if entering it at the local club, does it go into the Jewelry Category or the Coin?  Or he could pop the coin out and enter both individually?
      His Equinox 600 is almost paid for.

• By kiwijw
      Hi guys, After mowing the lawns & doing a bit of section tiding up & checking out the forum I went out for a late afternoon detect to a local spot. Being a bit cooler in the late afternoon/early evening. I took the E-bike to get in a bit quicker than it would have taken to walk. I wasn't really to sure where I was going to go as the grass growth is still crazy. There is crap growing in the exposed schist bedrock where I have never seen it before. Making detecting very hard to impossible. Hence the E-Bike so I could just keep riding, scoping out places where I could wave a coil. Ended up in just one spot, rigged up the Zed, & then realised I had left the bungy  cord on the 4500. Bugger. Had to carry the full weight of the Zed.
      I targeted exposed bedrock & was getting my share of pellets when one signal lived on down a bit deeper into a crevice. I had to smash a bit of the schist out to get the target to move. This was looking promising.
      Bingo .26 of a gram
      Then a graveyard of pellets....one after the other after the other....I dropped the coil down the face of a bit of a drop off. Got a very faint signal. Probably another pellet. But the signal lived on deeper again than the pellets.
      I had to hack out a few bushes to get right in there.
      Ended up having to carefully hack out more schist in the face, careful so I didn't lose the target.
      I didn't lose it. .08 of a gram But no catch & release.
      That was it. Nothing more but rubbish so I packed it in & rode back to my wagon. That was a bit of fun for a couple of hours in the cool of the evening.
      Two for a total of .34 of a gram.
      Have I ever said how the Zed just Blows me away? 👍  Cheers.
      Good luck out there
      JW
    • By kiwijw
      Hi guys, Well after my skunk yesterday & doing a bit of work around the house this morning I decided I had to get a gold fix. So late in the afternoon when things had cooled down a bit I threw the E-Bike on to the back of my wagon, packed up the nox & other paraphernalia into the backpack & headed to a favourite little local spot that has been kind to me with my high frequency VLF's & tiny gold. Would today be any different?
      Got to my spot & got stuck into it.

I was surprised at how much the grass growth had come back. It shouldn't even be there this time of the year. This spot is rotten schist bed rock & as you scrape away & break up the bed rock you usually get down to more tiny bits of gold that have worked there way right into the folds of the schist & the clays. So after a bit of hacking & scraping & raking I waved the Nox over the loosened up bedrock,  clay & gravels. I was in full max sensitivity of 25, Multi IQ of 20 & 40 Khz simultaneously & running with no discrimination. My magnet soon sorted out any hot rocks & tiny bits of iron stone & sands. I then got a signal that was coming up in the negatives all over the place but wasnt sticking to the magnet when I passed the magnet thru the dirt. I pushed the horseshoe button to knock out iron & there was barely a crackle in the audio threshold & no VDI numbers coming up at all. I have been here before & know it to be a sign that this could well be a tiny bit of gold....or lead. I was putting my bet on it being gold as I have scraped this bed rock before & there should be no lead here at all.
      I was correct. Can you see it by the E

If not, I will help you out.

Into the bottle it went. Flattening out the scrape pile a bit more I got another faint little hit. Same thing as before. Back into all metal & VDI numbers all over the place in the negatives but definite signal & hardly a murmur in the audio when I pushed the horseshoe button & no VDI's.
      Another tiny bit of gold.

This went on for a total of 8 little bits after a bit more scraping & raking before I was chased out by darkness coming on at 9.45pm & I still had to ride out of there. Got home just after 10pm
      So 8 bits for the Nox 800 for a total of .11 of a gram.

Was a bit of fun for a few hours in the cool of the evening. Quite pleasant actually after the hot days we have been having. Cheers.
      Good luck out there
      JW  
    • By alaskaseeker
      On our Chisana mining claims there are a few areas that the old timers hydrauliced and  of course in  the bedrock area the bits were blasted into the cracks and crevices. Steve H and I took many of these bits out of there, our weapon of choice was the hot GB2  with the six' coil.. I  I have to admit after a few years it is finally getting a little lean.. Personally this area taught me much about hunting bits.. You can find other areas too that have been scraped to bedrock and I have been given permission many times to have at it, so to say. The Bug is a killer in these areas and it get a little boring. Lol.. I started looking at these bits a little more carefully and I began to understand why you wouldn't hear some of these pieces,  but when you  disturbed the ground it was zip zip all over again.. You won't find these bits at depth, but looking at the bits you will see they are not round but flat.. Sometimes you missed them because all the detector could see was the edges they couldn't pick up. When you moved the dirt the flats were exposed and presented just enuff mass for a nice little zip.. I met a miner in the 40 mile area years ago and I always chatted with him. One particular area he had mined with his Hoe and D8, bedrock was scraped pretty clean and as far as he was concerned the mineable gold was gone.. He was moving his operation a ways and when he saw me he said the area is yours good luck.....  Damn ,damn I thought, A good spot for me , I went over the bedrock slowly and carefully soon I heard what I was listening for.. There was an amount of dirt over the spot and I brushed it away, what I exposed was a beautiful crack in the bedrock that was full of cemented gravel and gold.. I picked out a few small nug and finally when I got most of the gravel out I almost choked, In the bottom was a slug, yikes, when I dug it out, that beauty weighed 1.7 ozs... Boo ya,  Not sure I have a photo if I can find one I will post it soon. Tough being in Thailand and posting I don't have many photos only a lot of memories...
      Ok here’s the slug at the bottom of the crack