Coilteks New SDC Coil

Hey Trevor - You have no idea how much I appreciate your response and help. Your thoughts about it being the end of the season in the west totally makes sense. I have no concerns about the warranty as evidenced by the fact that I’ve already removed the 8 inch stock coil. I just need to make the decision on which Gold Extreme to start off with. I may very well contact you for some additional help. Again, many thanks for the response.

Best - Mike W.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problems at all Wardo!

Shoot me a message either through here or via ctmenquiry@coiltek.com.au.

If I was to make a suggestion it would be the 14x9" size, great coverage, good depth and good sensitivity so if you have the terrain to suit this type of coil then it will be a great option - so far our best seller!

All the best, Trevor

I’m still waiting on some waterproof ones!  Especially a little guy.  My 8” is doing great in the creeks but would like something smaller to poke around more.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i have the 10 x 5 gold Extreme coil on my sdc 2300 & its a treat to swing now

no more stepping on the coil all day to keep the machine in a state of balance

now i can focus on hunting & not on the machine feeling out of wack.

& the sdc seems to feel lighter with the new coil though i dident weigh it

the coil runs smooth as silk & is very sensitive..

haven't gotten it over any yellow yet but there no doubt in my mind it will preform

it wont be coming off anytime soon

thanks Coiltek

• 3 weeks later...

Brother-in-law has recently got himself an SDC and got the 14X9 Coil tech for it.  

Had a go over a very well flogged spot.  Christened it for him with a real tiny bit of gold, maybe a 0.01 gram piece.  

Ran perfectly on sensitivity 5 in areas of hard pack clay and some with hot rocks that really annoy the QED.  

He went on to find another 4 tiny lead shot pieces in about a 20 foot X 20 foot area that should not have had anything left in it.  

I thought the larger coil coil might have lost some sensitivity to the really small stuff but it seems not.   Very impressed  👍

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It’s almost enough to make me want to get an SDC and gut the thing out, put it in a real detector box and rod combo, so I can use coils like this the way they were meant to be used. I’d love an SDC configured like a Eureka Gold with a set of coils like this.

don't give me any ideas  lol