How Far Would You Go To Find Gold?

5 hours ago, madtuna said:

Cull them, they are a feral pest.

I never knew that! Do they taste any good? I'm sure somebody has tried them.

That actually sounds good. I don't have that many friends though. I'd probably have to go the traditional butcher and package route. I know elk are good, and they are camal sized anyway.

2 hours ago, Lacky said:

I never knew that! Do they taste any good? I'm sure somebody has tried them.

Practically the same taste as beef if not a bit better. I can't remember the last time I ate beef and I live on a cattle station.

The town near by had thier annual camp oven cook off a few weeks ago and I supplied the camel for one of the entries. All the usual beef and chicken concoctions were there along with Asian dishes etc, but our camel curry came 3rd place

On 7/2/2019 at 10:45 PM, klunker said:

A few days ago I was wadding through a blackberry patch because I had to go around a poison oak thicket and woke up a large rattle snake. I was so focused on the snake that I didn't see the bear. Lucky for me a mountain lion chased off the bear. When I complained to a friend about my miserable day of prospecting he told me "If prospecting was easy the smart people would be doing it".

I have had several encounters with bears, mountain lions and snakes and as you might have guessed- I survived.

so how far would I go? I suppose as far as necessary.

You must have retired Klunker that’s about 3 of your post in a couple of days!!!!

See ya when  I return 

I-will go around the world for gold...??

I will stay longer for the experience tho.... the gold is just an excuse to travel and meet people.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:17 AM, geof_junk said:

Madtuna  I avoided over 10 Gwardar on a 3 Km section of the "bubblegum track"( https://www.bibbulmuntrack.org.au/) in West Australia. An old mate of mine used to run Nambi Station but lost contact with Paul about 7 years ago which Station do you run.

Hi Geof, Erlistoun station, I share a boundary with Nambi and am pretty sure I know Paul