Unique Specimen

Lunk

Not the least bit magnetic and the black seems to be very hard. I sure wish now I had taken some geology classes when I was young enough to learn something.

Norm

I'm not sure what the black mineral is either, but years ago, my dad detected a specimen that was very similar; yours is only the second with a black matrix that I've ever seen come out of Q.

1 hour ago, normmcq said:

I sure wish now I had taken some geology classes when I was young enough to learn something.

Me too!  The only problem would be that I grew up in Florida and I would have been learning about blue springs and limestone caves and all of that would be without any gold.

That's a great little nuggie.

I saw part of your take when I was there.  What was the large one for the season?  Did you finish filling your box?

Mitchel

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:
4 hours ago, normmcq said:

I sure wish now I had taken some geology classes when I was young enough to learn something.

Me too! 

Me too!!  If only we knew then what we know now.  Would have done lots of things differently  😉

Nice specie Norm.  Have you got a weight total and pic of your finds?  

Norm,  That is what I love about gold, is the uniqueness.  So many different textures, shapes, sizes, matrix mixed in or around and overall characters.  Keep us posted on your prize find.

Great little specimen Norn, i would think it might be manganese also . I think back in the day they found manganese covered nuggets in the chocolate mountains over in california somewhat close to Q ,seems like i was told that several years back while out around palo verde . 

Lunk

I didn't mention it, but that nugget with the black matrix came from Gold Basin.

Northeast

I am including a picture of my Arizona finds for the winter and them on the scale.

Mitchel

The heaviest nugget came from the Quartzsite Metal Detecting Club Claim.                                                                                                                  I didn't get the box full, but have the bottom covered now!

20200402_095759 (2).jpg

scale Az 2020.jpg

box.jpg

56 minutes ago, normmcq said:

Lunk

I didn't mention it, but that nugget with the black matrix came from Gold Basin.

Sorry about my assumption that it came from Q. That's a nice winter harvest of golden goodies; well done!