Cool Find With A Fun Story

Bryan

i was showing a co-worker a minelab Go-Find 22. he knows nothing about detectors and was interested in how they work. i was explaining the difference between the four symbols on the display when a lengthy conversation ensued about detectors in general. he was amazed to hear about all the things they can find and have found for people and the technology inside the machines. suddenly he declares, "hey, if you know all this stuff can you tell if something is actually gold? i bought a used car and found something stuck in the floor boards. give me 2 mins and i'll run and grab it." now, this co-worker is a young college kid just getting started in life. money is tight, apartment is small. so when he handed me this and i showed him how to check it, explained the karat system, gold spot price, grams, and got it weighed, he was VERY happy. made my whole day.

item = 14K pendant + 14K chain both from Kay Jewelers. 10.7g @ $35.71 per gram as of yesterdays spot price

-bryan

8A611B9F-A150-4E23-8A83-4F2137502C43.jpeg

0A4ECA89-7CEF-47D9-AA6F-489868014FC8.jpeg

• The title was changed to Cool Find With A Fun Story

Glad you made his day with the information and help.

Did you buy it from him or help him sell it?

1 hour ago, Valens Legacy said:

Glad you made his day with the information and help.

Did you buy it from him or help him sell it?

neither. i simply gave him the information and told him if he chose to sell he could at a few places. and to be mindful the price of gold.

8 hours ago, Bryan said:

neither. i simply gave him the information and told him if he chose to sell he could at a few places. and to be mindful the price of gold.

Great story but if any pendant ever needed to be melted it's that one! :laugh:

3 hours ago, cuniagau said:

Great story.  I think all gold is beautiful BUT I do have to agree, that "roo" is fuggly! LOL

there has been much debate on the identity of said critters. meerkat's is in the lead ahead of roo's.

4 hours ago, Bryan said:

there has been much debate on the identity of said critters. meerkat's is in the lead ahead of roo's.

On re-examining the pictures, I will throw my vote to meerkats also.  The front legs are to long and the tail not big enough for a roo!  Thanks for the "poll update".  But it is still fuggly! LOL 

6 hours ago, Bryan said:

meerkat's is in the lead ahead of roo's.

I would also go with meerkat's as they don't look anything like a roo.