My Aq's First Bit Of Gold

Hello everyone, Got my AQ over a month ago and it had a faulty set of headphones from the get go as one side would intermittently cut on and off. FT wasn't sure about the problem being in the headphones and had me send back the whole machine. It was gone for almost a month. FT gave me a new headset and all is well again.

I've been out about 7 times now and just finished a 6 hour water hunt today. The AQ found its first gold today... a small 14K, 1.5 gram earring, silver ring and junk jewelry and 21 coins. I have found a number of gold rings in the past at this spot and have been hunting it for years with 2 different PI's and more recently the Excalibur and Nox. The last time I used the Nox for (5 hours), I found 5 coins and no jewelry. Targets had been very hard to find until today. This was my first time there with the AQ, and there were plenty of DEEP targets that created just a slight bump in the threshold. There is very little trash and I am now learning some differences in the sounds. The first 3 pictures are today. If you notice the coins and jewelry... nothing there are "fresh" drops. All is deep and only one bottle cap that was banging loud and close to the surface along with some other trash. There are also a couple pictures of some of the past days with the AQ. I don't usually take pictures of the trash but will start doing so. Our beaches are really sanded in so pickings are slim. I am using Joe's 11 hour Big Battery, It works great and is just what I need. Stay tuned...Bob 

fossil.jpeg

aq cross.jpeg

AQ first gold 3.jpeg

AQ first gold 1.jpeg

AQ first gold 2.jpeg

• The title was changed to My AQ's First Bit Of Gold.

Congrats on the gold. It took me a while to get my first gold as well. The conditions just dictate when we can reach the gold sometimes. From the sound of it, that area should produce more gold for you. Joe's battery is a must if you like to hunt worry free. I keep the stock batteries for back up, If I'm too lazy to charge Joe's. 😄 Not too bad on the junk targets too.

• The title was changed to My Aq's First Bit Of Gold

It is always sweet to find gold for the first time with a new machine. Congrats on your find.

Congratulations on your first gold with the AQ.

HH

Mike

WTG Okra!! And sounds like your onto the "AQ" thing. I know there are faint signals with the "AQ" and there are faint "one way" signals..All very welcome when you know there is deep good targets. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

WTG Okra!! And sounds like your onto the "AQ" thing. I know there are faint signals with the "AQ" and there are faint "one way" signals..All very welcome when you know there is deep good targets. 

Hmmm... I did pass on some faint one way signals thinking they were probably bad. I'll start digging those in the near future. Was just kinda concentrating on the X pattern good signals. 

Congrats on the AU earring!  FT had my headphones for three weeks and then sent them back saying that they couldn't find anything wrong with them and I am still have the same problem you described.  My fault that I didn't send the whole thing in.