Wow I can't believe I got out yesterday to dig. It seems like work and the stress of things in 2020 took a toll on my detecting experiences for quite a while. I wanted a new coil for the MK and saw a post Kac made about the Nel Superfly, So I said what the heck I'll give it a try. This coil is 6 grams lighter than my 9 inch. I must say this coil is amazing!!! great depth and way better separation. So I went to give it a spin on a site I hunt that has some modern and 18th century history to it. (ball fields and farm fields). I swung for about 5 hours in the 35 degree weather, and found a bunch of coins,(1941 penny, 46 nickle) shot shells, suspender clip, fishing reel, and a fragmented old bell. I wish the bell was whole, because it was about 2'' in dia. The reel perplexes me because of the lack of water in the middle of a 20 acre field. Overall I had a really nice trip out, I was starting to forget how detecting can clear your mind. 

PS Joe D can you please send some of the Florida warmth up here to PA. 

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

Good finds for this time of the year in your area, and I wish you more luck on your next outing.

The reel probably fell out of someones truck, or there used to be a pond located there at one time.

Nice. Fishing reel is a #60 Hendrix. Probably had a nice gob of silk line and fit on a cane rod. Love the old reels, amazing craftsmanship that went into them unlike today which is all white metal die cast and cnc.

Antique Hendryx #60 Casting Reel Fishing, Small Size ...

Yup,  Hendrix 60, Good eye.

Hey Dog,

I'll catch some heat and humidity in a box of Mason jars, in our next 10 months of Summer! I'll bring them up with me for a hunt or two! 🤣 👍👍