Gold Racer Vs Whites 24k And Others

10 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

Have a good  trip Steve and I hope I  can use  the Garrett coils on my Whites   Gmx.

That's a very good point, I wonder if the Garrett 24k+ coils will work on the legacy 24k.  The 24k was never on the market long enough for the aftermarket guys to make coils for it, I'm sure they will for the Garrett version.  I'm a bit focused on the aftermarket coils as I really love the Nel Snake.  That and the Gold Bug 2 small concentric are my two favourite gold prospecting VLF coils.

5 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

Have a good  trip Steve and I hope I  can use  the Garrett coils on my Whites   Gmx.

The Garrett 24K coils will work on the White’s 24K, and therefore should also work on the GMX. In general, coils were never Whites strong suite, with a higher failure rate than most competitive product. I think Garrett will do a better job in that regard.

Steve ... so that's great news ...

And I'm also looking forward to your review and experience of the new GMT 24K from Garrett ... during Your.... "New detection trip to Chisana "..👍:smile:

..The story of Chisana, I recommend reading it to anyone ... who is on this  prospectors forum....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.....If Garrett maintains the compatibility of coils up to 24K and GMX, then for new ..and other users of these detectors it will not be a problem to buy different coils for these detectors..also in the future ..
And that is very important ...👍

Garrett has taken matters into his own hands ... and is handling this situation with the GMT 24k detector very responsibly ...👍:wink:

as a user of Whites detectors...  / 3xSpectra and 2xMxt Pro / , I am very well aware of what it means .... compactibile coil ...

I would like a Whites  gold detector that will complement my Mxt Pro ...on very small targets..and work well on even mineralized terrain ../ old GMT in 45 Khz ..or new GMT 24k in 48Khz /....

...But now I admit ...that I am willing to wait for Steve's review ... and the evaluation of the new GMT 24K by Garrett... after returning from Alaska . / Chisana /.....

12 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

The 24k has a 4by6 inch coil but it is  hollow and fat and outdated.I think Steve said there is  a lot of airspace in this coil. A snake coil would be  nice and so  would a 4.5 inch Garrett sniper coil.    

The 4x6 White's coil could have the air space removed, as was done with the 6" round. Personally not fond of coils that are as tall as they are wide. The Garrett Sniper needs to be half the height it is now. It is hard to find side views for a reason.

NEL Snake is a very nice coil.

garrett-sniper.jpg

I think I have one picture, but the rough high  bottom at the concentric coil ,, is not random ,, but it has its purpose..

The winding of the concentric coil is prone to mineralization, and the close proximity of the coil winding from the mineralized hematite terrain that is less than 1 "inch / 2.5 cm strongly affects the VDI properly ... and changes the signal towards the iron VDI at the target which is located in the deep in such terrain ..

In such a case, it is enough to move such a concentric coil slightly away from the ground..to 3-5 cm and you will get the right VDI targets .. and just the rough cover of the coil practically replaces such activity ..

There is no such effect on surface targets ... and the concentric coil gives the VDI right at any distance ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yellow gold 9K vs White gold 9k - my Ace 400i and 4.5" sniper concentric coil..

IMG_20200905_020946 (2).jpg

The Gold Racer I had didn't have any knock issues at all with the stock DD. The concentric coil did knock but ended up using that in areas that had flat iron like parks so it wasn't an issue. Maybe I was lucky.

As for getting a Nel superfly or Cors butterfly for it here in the states neither importer would order me one even with cash up front so I gave up on the machine and the stock dd as nice as it was made the machine limited for what I wanted it for.

We've never had a Nel dealer so I've always bought mine direct from Ukraine, they ship free anyway so it's just the annoyance of warranty if you had to send it back, although that'd only be about $30NZD, highly unlikely to happen though, has anyone ever had a faulty one?  This is the Nel/Cors dearer that's direct from Nel.

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/valerius1906nelandcorscoils?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

I've decided just to wait and see what Garrett comes out with before investing in anymore VLF's, and hopefully Nel will make coils for it.