Wyoming Gold-5.3 Gram Nugget

BMc

3 hours ago, BMc said:

GOLD, GUNS, and DETECTORS - THE REST OF THE STORY . . .

I wanted to bump this post to include a funny part of the story which was not in the original post.

After I had dug the nugget :smile:

That story is "almost" better than the nugget.  You will remember and tell it for as long as you're here on earth.

congrats on both 👍

5 hours ago, paradiceau said:

BMc,

Thanks for sharing the rest of the story, I am sure the family will be talking about that for the rest of their lives.   

You represented this community with class.  I nominate you to be the official spokesperson for the World Benevolent Miners Association, (WBMA).

Very nice chunk as well!

Cheers,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, but I am sure you are much more qualified for that position than I am.  :smile:

Depending on the value of the rifle. You might have traded him for it right then. 

Skip the dog on that deal though , not too smart unless it was a puppy....the guy was kinda chasing his tail too.

Good snappy response , that was an 8 out of 10 !

Nice job, not very common to see nugget finds posted from back home!

This is the area I first started prospecting, just by myself, and at the time had no idea there was nugget size gold out there since I didn't really talk to many people and mostly just found fines. I'd have probably been surprised like the guy in your story too!

8 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Depending on the value of the rifle. You might have traded him for it right then. 

Skip the dog on that deal though , not too smart unless it was a puppy....the guy was kinda chasing his tail too.

Good snappy response , that was an 8 out of 10 !

I'm guessing it would have to have been a package deal.  I knew he was joking? and pretty sure he realized I was as well. The wife seemed to get a kick out of seeing her husband put on the spot though. I got the idea that this was just a funny routine type of interaction between them. 

great nugget. That is why I say that best place to get real $$$ metal detecting is the western desert of the US or Southern and Calif beaches. Why Southern and Calif beaches? Warm all year round mostly.  Choice places to retire and metal detect.