Legend Factory Reset And Threshold Question

Does anyone know how to do a factory reset? Also, has anyone noticed that on the threshold setting you go from silent to loud when using the headphones? It seems threshold setting of 9 is silent, once you go to 10 it's loud. Am I missing something here? It seems like it should be small incremental increases in the volume.

Maybe I missed it, but what machine?  If it's the Legend, the factory reset sequence is [oddly] noted in the error message section of the manual.

image.png.b48c09e7edc1ee9ec8015e8e6bbf5c61.png

• The title was changed to Legend Factory Reset And Threshold Question.
16 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Maybe I missed it, but what machine?  If it's the Legend, the factory reset sequence is [oddly] noted in the error message section of the manual.

Thank you for the info Cal, but, I cannot get this thing to do a complete factory reset. When I do that, it still saves all of my settings.

17 minutes ago, Dan(NM) said:

Thank you for the info Cal, but, I cannot get this thing to do a complete factory reset. When I do that, it still saves all of my settings.

I'm going to do a reset on mine this weekend, odd that it doesn't do a complete factory reset 🤔

@Nokta Detectors can you share the sequence to do a complete factory reset on the Legend? 

2 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

You don’t do a factory reset like on the Nox.  Instead you reset the Active user profile which will revert all modes tracked by that user profile to the factory default settings (there are 4 custom user profiles available). Presuming you have only been using user profile 1, then you can reset it by following the instructions under the section “Resetting the User Profile” on page 24 of the User Manual to get back to the default settings for all modes.  Or you can create a new perpetual user profile that is the factory defaults profile by creating it and resetting it.  Then select another profile as the Active profile from there to keep the “default” profile undisturbed.  Thing is on Legend, if you make any settings changes in the Active user profile, they are automatically saved and remembered at power off.  HTH

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

You don’t do a factory reset like on the Nox.  Instead you reset the Active user profile which will revert all modes tracked by that user profile to the factory default settings (there are 4 custom user profiles available). Presuming you have only been using user profile 1, then you can reset it by following the instructions under the section “Resetting the User Profile” on page 24 of the User Manual to get back to the default settings for all modes.  Or you can create a new perpetual user profile that is the factory defaults profile by creating it and resetting it.  Then select another profile as the Active profile from there to keep the “default” profile undisturbed.  Thing is on Legend, if you make any settings changes in the Active user profile, they are automatically saved and remembered at power off.  HTH

Chase, thank you. I came to that conclusion after spending most of the day messing with the Legend. The main reason for the reset was the threshold volume when using headphones. Mike (Iffy Signals) says his machine does the same thing, it goes from silent to rather loud, no in between that I'm accustomed to on other machines.

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Update:  Confirmed the threshold audio jump from nothing to loud going from 9 to 10 (adjustment goes from 0 to 30).  Tested it with all 5 threshold pitch settings, didn't make a difference.

Thanks for confirming that Chase. Also found out that if you lower the volume level to 3, the jump happens going from 11 to 12.

• The title was changed to Legend Factory Reset And Threshold Question