Dust Cover For The Legend

For anyone with a Legend that is interested, I picked up three Sly Lynx dust covers for mine and my grandsons simplex pluses, they fit the Simplex plus perfectly they will also fit the legend but they are pretty tight, the sly lynx dust cover on the legend once fully on does cover up approximately 2/3rds of the external speaker on the back but I will say it does not impede the volume, it does take a little effort to get it on the Legend control head but it looks pretty nice once on, nice snug fit on the legend, once you do get it on all the buttons are still easy to get at and push and it sure will not be moving around on the control head like some I have seen on other detectors, nice add on accessory to keep mud and dust off 

sly lynx 4.jpg

sly lynx 3.jpg

I bought a Deano's cover for the Simplex/Legend  that fits the same way. I almost didn't get it on the housing it fit so tight, I'm thinking I may destroy it getting it off.

7 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

I bought a Deano's cover for the Simplex/Legend  that fits the same way. I almost didn't get it on the housing it fit so tight, I'm thinking I may destroy it getting it off.

it took me a bit to get it on I tried to find the Deano's and never could find them so I just purchased the Sly Lynx

I am thinking about taking a razor knife and cutting around the speaker removing the part that covers the speaker then burning the edges of the dust cover where I cut, I seen one user that did this and it looked like it was made for the Legend  

didn't like the way the buttons looked painted white so I changed them to gold

special edition Legend 1.jpg

I bought a paint pen & did my buttons also. Big help for 60 year old eyes.

15 hours ago, JCR said:

I bought a paint pen & did my buttons also. Big help for 60 year old eyes.

well that is the same reason I did them my 62 year old eyes are not the greatest anymore and painting the buttons helps a lot