Beach Hunt Day 6 - Well I Thought I Had Gold

3 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Nice grouping of finds! I have been able to get chains with the Nox, but I dig most every signal at my beaches in Beach 2!

The "Planted Dune" warning is taken seriously most anywhere that they have done renurishment and native plant replacement to help hold the dune! But inevitably the storms still destroy it! But people as a whole are very destructive on the dune system! And cause repeated, and continuous damage!

Most beach areas my way are hunt between dune line and low tide! No dunes, and no water hunting!

As far as the snake warning, that to me is mostly a scare tactic, as the majority of snake sightings are nonvenomous! After many decades of beach and woods hunting, I only ran into a few venomous snakes (none at the beach yet), and let them be; it's there home, not mine! But one unlucky moccasin "was" overly aggressive!👍👍

Thanks! I'm going to take the Equinox out for a spin tomorrow. I'm getting used to the Deus, but I miss the simplicity. It is heavier tho. 🤔

They have a warning to stay out of the water, some sort of bacteria. Might be the huge numbers of birds passing through.

Thanks for the tip on hunting the high tide detritus, found the frog ring and the chain there! 👍

Nice hunting as always, and glad to hear you say that you are going to use the NOX next.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Nice hunt, you got a chain and it's silver, that's a double win! It looks like you're getting the hang of the D2.

Yeah watch out for sand snakes... especially the 2-legged variety! In winter here in the Rockies, we have to warn tourists about the snow snakes! 🤣

20 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Most interesting thing I saw today was this sign on the beach,...

I thought you were referring to the pink sign.  (Brits understand it; maybe not many of us Yanks....) 

That jewelry chain is quite a find in its own right, even if not the metal content you'd hoped for.

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I thought you were referring to the pink sign.  (Brits understand it; maybe not many of us Yanks....) 

That jewelry chain is quite a find in its own right, even if not the metal content you'd hoped for.

Well it is gold plated... 🙄 Now I know the meaning of the pink sign, it takes a cunning linguist to figure that one out. 👍 Thanks GB