I Want V0.5 Back!

Mirda

Btw D2 separate coils are now available for sale over here in France , for example at : Disques XP DEUS (metaux-detection.fr) , then I imagine that it will soon be the case in the US ..

That's a decent price too! 

Well that was weird... When I first checked the site it said 332 Euros ($335 USD) and now it says 399 Euros ($402 USD), which I guess is the correct price.

Well at least the separate coils are starting to hit the market. That's cool.

3 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

That's a decent price too! 

Well that was weird... When I first checked the site it said 332 Euros ($335 USD) and now it says 399 Euros ($402 USD), which I guess is the correct price.

Well at least the separate coils are starting to hit the market. That's cool.

Yes this means that now you can have a D2 Lite for around 850E,  buying the parts separately :

- WS6 headphones  350E /  Casque sans fil XP DEUS II WS6 - metaux-detection.fr

- 9 or 11" coil            400E /   Disque XP DEUS II 22 FMF (metaux-detection.fr)

- Deus S Stemlite telescopic shaft
                                  105E /    CANNE TÉLESCOPIC XP : S-STEMLITE - metaux-detection.fr

On 7/10/2022 at 5:38 PM, Chase Goldman said:

They will once they get to final release (except for any post 1.X version that contained a major bug).  As explained in the previous post, any version less than 1.0 is not final release.  We're still technically beta testers until 1.0.  Not really ideal, but that's the way it is, XP needed the broader user base beyond their initial testers to really shake this out.  SInce it's not final release yet, they are going to limit how far you can roll back at this time to ensure you get no further back than the last stable version without major known bugs (i.e., 0.6 version (3-11-22)).  At least you can roll back to that version now from 0.71.  I DO know that I was pretty upset when the "broken" 0.6 version was released in March (also upset they lost software configuration/version control and released no less than 3 "0.6" versions without using minor revision numbers to alert users but that's a separate story).  Perhaps they are waiting for the Go Detect app to be released world wide before they go to Ver 1.0, who knows...

You said it: "who knows". And that's what is not correct in 2022. You need to communicate to your customers transparently. Customers should know, that XP knows about issues, and they are working on fixing them. We should know, that they are preparing new coils etc.

I was not a big fan of Nokta, but they are clearly explaining what are they going to do, like today bringing beta versions - https://www.facebook.com/noktadetectors/videos/455491949332355/
Dilek also explained why they released another update? You know, transparency?
And what name do you know from XP? I mean Garry is a treasure, but he doesn't have the informations.

And XP? Silence. Will there be 13x11" coils? No one knows. It's in the manual, so they should be. When? No one knows. When will they release next update? No one knows. Because they just don't communicate at all!

I'm seriously thinking of buying a new(was waiting for second-hand one) Legend Pro Pack - 11" and 6" coil in one pack.

Version 0.6 needed update, v0.7 needed update too. In version 0.71, I still have issues when connecting MI-6 pinpointer. Deus I works much better for me. I also don't like the volume of pinpointer - it's too silent. I was detecting a beach during windy morning and I had to switch it to disconnected mode - only vibrations, which means limited sensitivity...

I don't understand defending them...

I still believe Deus II is a brillitant platform. Just the communication with customers/community is really bad...

I'm not here to complain, just frustrated. I would love to help...

10 hours ago, Mirda said:

Version 0.6 needed update, v0.7 needed update too. In version 0.71, I still have issues when connecting MI-6 pinpointer. Deus I works much better for me. I also don't like the volume of pinpointer - it's too silent. I was detecting a beach during windy morning and I had to switch it to disconnected mode - only vibrations, which means limited sensitivity...

I don't understand defending them...

I have never used an MI6 with my Deus1, I use a Minelab profind 35 or a Quest Xpointer Max because they have an iron disc not available on XP models .  Then no pinpointer connection issues for me as the pinpointer works independantly from the detector . Sometimes simpler is better ... 

Concerning Nokta , as I already said several times , they are probably good detectors but they are twice heavier than the XPs , For this single reason Noktas is a nogo for me . For me it is simply impossible to come back to a 1,4kg detector after having used a 800g machine ...

I am sorry for your issues , btw I did not notice any depth perfo issue during my D2 testing in March. I will check this when I  buy my D2 in a few weeks ...

On 7/12/2022 at 4:55 PM, Mirda said:

I still believe Deus II is a brillitant platform. Just the communication with customers/community is really bad...

I'm not here to complain, just frustrated. I would love to help...

We are not XP so not much we can do about it, so yeah, you’re effectively just complaining.  But that’s ok.  Maybe Gary Black or someone from XP will read your disappointment and bring it back to XP.

I am not personally seeing a groundswell of dissatisfaction with D2 other than coil ear wear , so if XP is only hearing a few people complain about pinpointer issues and lack of coils or a future update schedule and it is not hurting sales, not likely to see a change in behavior.  I have both Legend and Deus 2 (and Equinox) they are all 3 excellent overall machines and each have unique strengths that I exploit for different situations.  So if you want to vote with your wallet and get a Legend and you highly value customer focus, I think you will like Legend.

I’m personally happy with 0.71 - it seems like they were responding quickly to issues with ver 0.6 and features requested in the wake of the initial launch of the D2 (e.g, big TID digits), a 95+% solution missing only Mono gold field, small elliptical (I have no use for the 11x13) and finally releasing their companion app.  The PP connectivity comes and goes without rhyme or reason.

as you say a big oval would be better than 11x13 ,,it could be any size if its oval and lighter

11x13 is a dud

gary b is almost certainly working on updates full time