Campground Hunt Pt.2 - Water Hunt Not An Option

Got the Deus 2 all set to go in the water at this campground, I did some research and the nautical maps say that the water is 1-3 feet deep in most places near the shore.20220614_070011.thumb.jpg.cdd525147e592fc0acd58906b1a783d8.jpg

Sadly that wasn't the case here. I walked down one of the ramps and found it was neck deep, I am 6'1. I used my 6' scoop to measure depth off the seawall, and found it to be at least 5' deep everywhere. That means I can't use my scoop without a weight belt, physics won't allow. 🤬20220614_070048.thumb.jpg.19fbacf940482fab67d58af47df048e7.jpg

I did manage to hunt the small beach they have, but found nothing but pull tabs, beer can pieces and one shotgun shell. It was only about 3' deep to the seawall.20220614_074757.thumb.jpg.d94564920a0c3987dc90a69cd3481e88.jpg

If you're new to water hunting, here's a tip. Pinpoint with the D2, hold the coil in place and put your scoop (carefully) behind it pointed toward the coil center. I have got most targets in one scoop doing this. It's also great when its deep and you can't see the bottom.

Time to shift gears. I went back to my RV, swapped my scoop for my Ranger shovel, grabbed my pinpointer and went to the old farmhouse site.20220614_132646.thumb.jpg.be256c081291a9094d56b3163d26d2ee.jpg

This is the foundation area. There is so much steel, copper tubing and aluminum trash here it is very difficult. The D2 may be great in iron, but in General and Relic program it struggles with IDs, I did listen to the tones in General and after a while learned what was trash and what wasn't. Relic was no use at all except to sometimes confirm a target was iron. Most of the 90 TIDs were aluminum or steel, even some copper tubing.

On a good note, the D2 does separate very well. Dug all these in places I went over with the Equinox last year with the 11" coil. 😀 My take for the day was only .60, I dropped one of the pennies down the sink. 🤬 No silver. I totally pillaged this place last year with the Equinox.20220614_171449.thumb.jpg.76bd7ba4ebf29d78a65680046cc2c91f.jpg

Going to bring the Equinox with the 10x5 that I bought after I was here last year, I'll see if I find more. I have a secret weapon to try out if that doesn't work. 😁 

I dug a ton of trash, but there are strategically placed trash cans all over this campground. 🤣

At least you missed running into any bull sharks in the water!!🦈😳  If you get really desperate for coins, you can always do a little plumbing to recover your penny! And if you reach into the campground toilets........😜JK

I think the 10x5 on the Nox, and your familiarity with it, will net you at least a few more coins! No place is ever completely hunted out! Just be careful, and don't cook yourself! Getting a little warm out there!🍀👍👍

350, nice hunting on dry land, but I wish you had tried the water a little more.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe.

2 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

350, nice hunting on dry land, but I wish you had tried the water a little more.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe.

I was pretty disappointed. It's hard to impossible to scoop when neck deep in water, the issue is you have to breathe. 😀 When you do you float, and you can't press your scoop down. 😵 I've been in chest high water, that isn't bad. It was too deep.

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I was pretty disappointed. It's hard to impossible to scoop when neck deep in water, the issue is you have to breathe. 😀 When you do you float, and you can't press your scoop down. 😵 I've been in chest high water, that isn't bad. It was too deep.

image.png.36a4db7313c7e3b1e61c443a2f04b931.png

Too bad about the deep water. Maybe the next "toy" (as my wife calls it) should be a hooka snorkel system. 😄

Good job on squeezing a few more coins out of your pillaged site! 😉

3 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

I do believe that Kac has nailed it.

Valens Legacy the only draw back is the metal in the shoes and Helmet. 😉 

3 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Dang 350 , that's a nice spot !

Weight belt on yer list ?

Not sure. There's some stuff a guy my age probably shouldn't do. 🤔