Saved Tone Settings

Others may be well aware of this but for myself, I have just recently realized the fuller benefits of The Legend auto saving adjustments to the tone settings. 
When inPark, Field or Beach mode you can select any of the 6 different tone options. All but 1 tone also allows you to adjust the tone break.  Each Tone option can be different from the others and the setting is saved automatically. This feature, along with the efficient User interface is remarkable to me.

As an example, I have User profile #1 set up for my standard go to hunting. Field is for relic/ no modern trash sites. I have 2 tone set with a Tone break of 6.   4 tone with TB at 6,21&39.   6 tone( still under construction) TB at 6,18,27,40&45.   60 & Pitch tone with TB at 6.

I have also varied the tone pitches & volume for some of these. My 6 tone actually uses only 5 different tones.

So within just User profile1 Field mode, I have 6 different set ups saved and ready to use that are quickly accessed with just a few button pushes. Add into consideration 4 Disc patterns and that is a lot of easy & fast versatility in just one mode in one User profile. My Park mode is for modern Aluminum trash and even more diverse.

I’m going to have to make myself Cliff Notes!  There is more potential here than I think I will ever be able to utilize.

All of those audio adjustments, preset discrimination settings, along the many User Profiles and with full single digit notching with no limits (three notches only on Deus 2) are really amazing for the price and competitive performance.

Thanks JCR, I didn’t realize this.  I thought It was one and done.  Appreciate the heads up on this.  Now if I can just understand the user profile save option to check/uncheck thing.  I keep reading the manual but I just keep confusing myself further.  

5 hours ago, MFF18B said:

Thanks JCR, I didn’t realize this.  I thought It was one and done.  Appreciate the heads up on this.  Now if I can just understand the user profile save option to check/uncheck thing.  I keep reading the manual but I just keep confusing myself further.  

So I am not the only one that finds the entire User Profile process very tedious. Maybe it will get easier.....so far it is my least favorite thing about the Legend even though it is great to have so many. Maybe Clive's new book can explain it in a way that makes more sense to me. Maybe there are some navigation short cuts that I don't know about yet too.

• 2 weeks later...

Nokta Makro have done a great job with audio adjustments going back to the Racers, Impact, Multi Kruzer, etc.  Super useful and I appreciate that they continue to enhance these features.  Your finding of saving each individual audio mode within a hunt mode (within a user profile no less) is an example of well thought out user operation of the detector. 

With all the new 1.08/9 settings, I need to make a field cheat sheet for the Legend.  A laminated 3x5 card would be useful.  I remember the Etrac came with a little laminated foldable wallet sized cheat sheet, that was a nice touch when you were getting used to the Etrac.