Amazed At How Quickly White’s Discussion Faded

So there never was a production MX9?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl, I think Whites made a big mistake not releasing the MX9, because this detector would be a really adequate replacement for the MXT Pro ...

I don't think Whites has faded as much as you think, it is hard to find any serious discussion of metal detectors in general that the Whites name does not come up, and there is a steady flow of people looking for parts and info on Whites detectors.

It is TRULY a shame if there was a proposed employee buyout and it was rejected, only to have the company sold piecemeal for scrap and then to Garrett to keep China from using the name.

I was at the factory 25 years ago to get an Eagle 2 repaired on my way south in an RV, dropped it off and they had it ready the next day, all it needed was cleaning and a new coil, but impressive and much appreciated service. And nice little town at least then, basically on a nice little river, an actual Sweet Home. I wish I was given a chance to run the company, it could have been saved under the right hands.

On 5/14/2024 at 10:30 PM, Knomad said:

I don't think Whites has faded as much as you think, it is hard to find any serious discussion of metal detectors in general that the Whites name does not come up, and there is a steady flow of people looking for parts and info on Whites detectors.

I had my own dream of running White's at one point and like you think a lot could have been done to save the company. All water under the bridge now and no point in discussing a cold grave.

I'm sure some people will be using White's detectors for many years, just like they are still using Tesoro and even Compass detectors. And that means people will be looking for parts, etc. Detector discussions are largely driven by speculation around new models, comparisons of new models, and learning about how to use new models. In other words discussion revolves more around new models in general and obviously that can't happen with White's. Just so people know however, I'm happy with the slow but steady discussion on this forum and it's not going anywhere for those who do have a question or comment now and then.... or who are trying to find that certain part. Luckily White's was very popular and anyone looking for parts has a ready supply via old detectors for sale on eBay.

I want to take the opportunity to thank Carl (Geotech) for hanging out here and offering insights from somebody that was actually on the scene. Thanks Carl.

10 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I had my own dream of running White's at one point and like you think a lot could have been done to save the company. All water under the bridge now and no point in discussing a cold grave.

I'm sure some people will be using White's detectors for many years, just like they are still using Tesoro and even Compass detectors. And that means people will be looking for parts, etc. Detector discussions are largely driven by speculation around new models, comparisons of new models, and learning about how to use new models. In other words discussion revolves more around new models in general and obviously that can't happen with White's. Just so people know however, I'm happy with the slow but steady discussion on this forum and it's not going anywhere for those who do have a question or comment now and then.... or who are trying to find that certain part. Luckily White's was very popular and anyone looking for parts has a ready supply via old detectors for sale on eBay.

I want to take the opportunity to thank Carl (Geotech) for hanging out here and offering insights from somebody that was actually on the scene. Thanks Carl.

Good post Steve!   And thanks for cleaning up this thread and keeping it on track!!