Managed to get out last weekend with Merton. We went to my super secret pounded out by every body and their brother for the last 30 years relic spot.  Tried every trick we knew. Large coils, small coils, notching up and notching down, gain full blast, gain on auto. manual ground balance and auto ground balance. Heck Merton even brought out his PI machine for a while (a very short while)  Highlights were a real nice 1920's Canadian half dime in excellent condition (not in picture as Merton forgets where he puts things) a toasted seated dime, a very good condition religious pendant  marked Oct 7 1901 and a 1899 V nickel. The only down side to the whole experience was when Merton told me he now wants to buy a ctx.... I tried telling him that I'm the only guy allowed out there with a ctx...I don't think he cares :rolleyes:

strick

20160424_190254 (Medium).jpg

Maybe that's the reason most of the time I hunt by myself. Great finds!

Chuck

PS You could tell him we are friends to the end and this is the end friend.haha

Very nice haul!  

Really nice, now you are making me second guess my choice of the Deus over the ctx, but I know it's really about your hard work!

love seeing those finds keep going...

5 hours ago, 1515Art said:

Really nice, now you are making me second guess my choice of the Deus over the ctx, but I know it's really about your hard work!

love seeing those finds keep going...

Clark-  For coin hunting the ctx is hard to beat. Good stable ID even on deep stuff. For park hunting it's a no brainier ctx all the way.  I swing the ctx till my arm gets sore then switch over to the Deus. Or if I'm walking in a long way the Deus will break down and fit into my back pack. Hunting in nail beds its all Deus as it's got a faster processor  then the ctx. With the ctx in nails you just got to slow down a little and it will do just fine as long as you are running the small coil. 95% of the time I grab the ctx before the Deus and that's because of the ID and I like the tones better. I run it in combined tones. With metal detectors it's not one or the other...buy as many as you can afford!

18 hours ago, strick said:

Clark-  For coin hunting the ctx is hard to beat. Good stable ID even on deep stuff. For park hunting it's a no brainier ctx all the way.  I swing the ctx till my arm gets sore then switch over to the Deus. Or if I'm walking in a long way the Deus will break down and fit into my back pack. Hunting in nail beds its all Deus as it's got a faster processor  then the ctx. With the ctx in nails you just got to slow down a little and it will do just fine as long as you are running the small coil. 95% of the time I grab the ctx before the Deus and that's because of the ID and I like the tones better. I run it in combined tones. With metal detectors it's not one or the other...buy as many as you can afford!

Hey Chuck,

There my be a ctx in my future I know it's tops when id'ng targets. Next I'm waiting for the new gpz and Deus coils it will be a race to see wich hit the shelves first, now I have to learn everything I can about the Deus, just got a copy of Andy Sabisch's book, seems like it's loaded with good information. 

10 hours ago, 1515Art said:

Hey Chuck,

There my be a ctx in my future I know it's tops when id'ng targets. Next I'm waiting for the new gpz and Deus coils it will be a race to see wich hit the shelves first, now I have to learn everything I can about the Deus, just got a copy of Andy Sabisch's book, seems like it's loaded with good information. 

I have a copy of his book on the ctx. Very well put together and easy to understand. One of the best tutorials I have ever bought. I still need to pony up on one for the Deus. Give me a shout some time so we can get together for a hunt.

strick