Manticore Deus 2 Side By Side Hunt Video

25 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

I know I sound like a broken record here, but with the Equinox I hardly dig any iron. That's with a F2-0 Iron bias. I always hunt with the horseshoe on.

I beach hunt, and your 100% correct. I almost never dig iron! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doc Bach said:

Hey jasong DetectorPro does make a land and sea PI traditional style pin pointer but no self contained probe only the wired into Headphones model.If one does not mind being tethered to their detector it seem to be a pretty sweet setup and they claim that it works with most detector models i hope that answers your question.

Thanks, I sent them an email and got a response back already. They are making a non-headphones version of that new Uniprobe for sale in April/May, like it'll clip onto a GPZ harness. I don't use headphone while prospecting so that's cool. 

I'm definitely going to try one of those out, I could really use a more powerful pinpointer for using 17"+ coils and places where I have to chisel like 4" into granite bedrock cracks to get nuggets. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jasong said:

Thanks, I sent them an email and got a response back already. They are making a non-headphones version of that new Uniprobe for sale in April/May, like it'll clip onto a GPZ harness. I don't use headphone while prospecting so that's cool. 

I'm definitely going to try one of those out, I could really use a more powerful pinpointer for using 17"+ coils and places where I have to chisel like 4" into granite bedrock cracks to get nuggets. 

Well there ya go that's good news and looks to be a good addition to the kit.Man you come from the workers!

• Like 1

Very good vid thx 🙂.  Probably the first serious side by side Mcore-D2 comparison . Would have been excellent with the detectors using the external loudspeakers so that we can hear the targets  ...  

The conclusion ( at 26:22 ) is very interesting though . 4 silvers for the MCore , 3 for the D2 . This means that both detectors have similar perfos on this area . However more testing would be required to determine if there is ( or not ) a significant difference between the detectors ...

It would be interesting to do the same test in a high iron trash area btw , as this park is relatively clean if I understand well ..

Happy Xmas to everybody ... 🙂

• Like 3

16 hours ago, jasong said:

Thanks you encouraged me to send them an email enquiring about any future plans that they might have to incorporate the Uniprobe into their Rattler mono headphone.They quickly responded and it also is under development and will be available in the spring.I am one peculiar people that has been discussed on this forum that was not born with eyes in the back of my head and do not like to spend all of my time looking over my shoulder when out in the roughs.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The third Manticore/Deus 2 side by side hunt video with a short appearance by an Equinox 800.

At the end of the video there is a quick wrap-up and summary of the three videos and some preliminary conclusions.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, strick said:

Thanks Strick, as usual another great video from Rattlehead. I like his no nonsense approach. 👍

On the D2 I tend to use General rather than fast, my soil is a lot wetter than that stuff. 😀 I too run reactivity low, and investigate any blip I get. I also run a custom disc and no notch, so I rarely get fooled by iron, but those old nails... 🙄

It's great to know the D2 holds its own, doubt I'll be needing another detector any time soon. 🙂

• Like 5