M8 & M15 Coils Price And Availability?

Ringtail

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'll believe it when I see it.   

Likewise.

And putting down money to pre-order anything Minelab sounds as appealing as chewing tin foil.

But if this means they'll be generally available in another six months that is good news.

- Dave

• Like 2

The coil should be around the price of the Eq 900 or 800 6” plus $30, would be agreeable. But at the price of an Axiom 13”, no way! If it is, then good bye Manticore!! It would be price gouging at its finest. 🤔 Don’t be a sucker. 🤪

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, rled2005 said:

The coil should be around the price of the Eq 900 or 800 6” plus $30, would be agreeable. But at the price of an Axiom 13”, no way! If it is, then good bye Manticore!! It would be price gouging at its finest. 🤔 Don’t be a sucker. 🤪

Couldn't agree more. I was poised to get a Manticore but this is a deal breaker. This is not a case of "cutting off your nose to spite your face" type decision. I just simply refuse to pay these bandits their ransom money. I'm looking for an emoji with the balaclava but no luck yet 🤣

Save yourself the money and buy an Equinox 800 instead, you're not missing all that much, in fact in some ways you're gaining such as Target ID stability and having the smallest of coils available for prospecting.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Save yourself the money and buy an Equinox 800 instead, you're not missing all that much, in fact in some ways you're gaining such as Target ID stability and having the smallest of coils available for prospecting.

I think you're right Simon....I'll have to give the 800 some serious consideration. It's a well proven platform and a bargain compared to the Visa melting Manticore / coil option. The Manticore price I can just accept but the coils are cash cows and I'm not going to be milked.

Who knows, if Manticore sales tank then Minelab might bundle an extra coil instead of their crappy pinpointer.

retail-special_offer-discount-bargain-bargain_price-rip_off-rnin2308_low.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Holy crap, $379 AUD for the small one and $499 AUD for the large one, they're taking us for a ride.

Introducing the Minelab Manticore M15 - 15" Metal Detector Coil
PRE-ORDER NOW! $200 deposit -  RRP Confirmed at $499
--------------------------------------------------------

Introducing the Minelab Manticore M8 - 8" Metal Detector Coil
PRE-ORDER NOW! $100 deposit -  RRP Confirmed at $379

Holy crap is right! I'm definitely not one to pinch pennies in my hobbies for sure but if true that price seems excessive to say the least. Might be slightly more palatable if it included a lower shaft for that price but we know that's not the case. As much as I would love the M15 to beach hunt I might have to sit back for a while and wait for Minelab to figure out that people aren't buying them at that kind of premium.

• Like 1

Personally I have no interest in the 15" coil. Generally speaking the bigger coils don't get you much more depth than a stock 11". So it really comes down to ground coverage, which the majority of the sites I hunt I'm better off with an 11". On the other hand the small coil is a must have IMO if you gold prospect or hunt trashy relic sites. I'm really thinking the small coil will be priced at about $279 US.

• Like 1

I'm torn, the 15"  is a good size and the size I used the most on my Equinox for coin hunting in my open fields so it's a winner for me, the 8" I'm not so sure about as I can't see the Manticore being better than the Equinox for prospecting, it has the 6" which should be slightly more sensitive than the M8 so I'd prefer to stick to my Nox when it comes to prospecting UNLESS of course the Manticore surprises me so at this stage I'm more interested in the 15", although I'll buy both as I can't handle not knowing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just googled $379 AUD and that converts to $243 US dollars which is about the price of the Coiltex 10x5 we all have been buying for our Noxes here in the states ...am I missing something? I'm not pre ordering anything..I'll wait till they become in stock somewhere...

strick

• Like 1