GB,

I'll check the nickel when I get home, so you will have to be in suspense for a bit longer!!😂 But thanks for cluing me in on that, you coin expert you!!

As a bonus, I will snap a pick of one of my bronze spikes! You can authenticate it for me!!🤣👍👍

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

OK, stop teasing me.  Does the 1939 Jeffie have a mintmark or not?  If you say "just a -D" I'm going to turn green with envy....

Here are the results: 

20230210_131629.jpg

20230210_131658.jpg

20230210_131722.jpg

20230210_132152.jpg

20230210_132059.jpg

I like that square nail or whatever it is. It looks like it could be brass.

Nice looking ring. We get those ship spikes up here but ours probably date in the 1800's. You guys go back a bit earlier and can have some gold or silver from them ships as well 😍. But that Mercury is what I am wondering about. Is that line that goes across her cheek raised up or is it a scratch? If it's raised up you have a coin that came from a pretty significant cracked die.

Congrats on finds!! Leave some in the ground for me when I get better! did I mention sidewalk metal detecting around here is illegal only I can do that.  😝 

11 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Is that line that goes across her cheek raised up or is it a scratch? 

That's a scratch, where I believe, stupid me nailed it!!😵 And it was in awsome near uncirculated condition!!😔

9 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

That's a scratch, where, I believe, stupid me nailed it!!😵 And it was in awsome near uncirculated condition!!😔

And I'm outta likes today!😔

It almost looked raised up. That would have been a cool error coin if it was. Hey at least you didn't scratch a 1916 D 😲 We all scratch coins sometimes. It makes you very careful afterwards for quite a while 😄

That ring is a beauty - congrats! I also like the Merc. Haven't found one in that kind of condition in years. 😮

Too bad about no D ,

Silver always makes it a good hunt. 

A paid informant indicated the dime scratch was done by a rogue "night crawler" with a switchblade in a previous mugging attempt.

The investigation on that has been shelved because of a very recent report that the victim had been kidnapped and could no longer be found.......a credible witness stated the perp was carrying a strange beeping device,,,,the investigation has been taken over by the state alien abduction squad . Stay tuned for further developments.....

🖖