Fisher AQ Limited Is Now Available

Like you guys mentioned, it apparently misses coins.  I went out to a beach with a friend and AQ owner - we had just compared AQ depth in air tests at a park. I think the EMI there was too bad to make good determinations but his probably has more than an inch more depth. Anyway he used a Manticore at the beach and got way more stuff - including a lot of trash. He got more coins but I don’t think either of us got gold - just not there or we just didn’t hit on it. Someone had completely gridded the whole damn Montage beach! Crazy! He even found coins I missed on a hole. So I guess I’d trade a few less coins for missing all that trash - if that is really what occurred. I worry though that it could be missing more than just coins.

I think I need to change my hunt time to early or late in the day. If you watch youtube you see groups of guys hunting while I’m still asleep.

i have yet to try my bigfoot type coil on the AQ. I think I’ll be very happy with that if it works ok.

Its nice to hunt with such a light detector. I usually hunt with my CTX but I can’t stand hunting with the 17” coil - just tried it after 3 years or so. Even with the 11” I use the ML harness and probably scare some people...  Bring on the CTX replacement!!

10 hours ago, bklein said:

i have yet to try my bigfoot type coil on the AQ.

Hmmm ... I've got a 3x18 coil from a Tesoro Sandshark. I'll have to check the impedance. What coil are you talking about with the bigfoot type you have?

23 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

I'm surprised Slimpickuns hasn't chimed in. I think he has had a minor issue but I do know for a fact he has killed it out here with his. I know 2 others here in So.Cal that , for them , have been a nightmare.

Hey KOB!  Yup I still use mine and thankfully I haven't had any technical problems with it since the last time I sent it in for warranty repair about a year ago for a faulty potentiometer issue. Felix handled the warranty repair and they did a good job of repairing it and getting it back to me quickly with no money out of my pocket thankfully.

Now that my warranty has been up for about a year I got my fingers crossed. I did have a few issues with it recently, a broken "Clevus" and broken arm cuff. I bought a spare clevus & rod long ago when others were having problems with theirs so I took care of that problem quickly when it broke recently. The arm cuff I replaced with an after market aluminum cuff, plastic arm cuffs just don't hold up for me and always crack and break eventually. Its a great machine but I would not buy one for 2g's and not without the warranty to back it up.

July has been slow for gold so far but with all the heat we've been having lately more people are heading to the beaches so hopefully some gold is being dropped by the masses. I've been seeing more detectorist out on the beaches in the wee hours of the morning, the good news is a lot of them don't know how to swing a detector, a lot of smiley face golf swinging goin on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tvr said:

Hmmm ... I've got a 3x18 coil from a Tesoro Sandshark. I'll have to check the impedance. What coil are you talking about with the bigfoot type you have?

It’s called the TDI Razorback Beach Hog.  I have it on a GP Extreme now.  It should work on the AQ - really fun how it can skim the water as you run.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

What is the latest on the purchasability of the Impulse AQ? I followed this machine from the start, going on idk 6-8 years of development now? I was one of the first on the waiting list. I lost interest after it was just more and more news and nothing launched. A little bit after I pulled out, the launched the limited AQ in 2019. I didn’t bite, and sat it out. Then there was an announcement somewhere, i think here, about the 2022 AQ, but still called limited. I didn’t bite. But a trusted friend of mine called me recently and asked if I knew about the Impulse AQ, of course I did, and he had nothing but good things to say about its depth and suggested I get one on Kellyco. I saw the 2022 announcement and thought well, if they fixed that stuff, and raised th e price $500 okay. But I went to Kellyco and saw the pictures and description were the same as the prototype and the 2019 ‘Limited’. 

So I ask you all, help update me. What gives? Is there a new 2022 version available at Kellyco, or is it the same limited version with a $500 price increase? i also noticed in the form that 100 limited s were to be made, but only 30 sold in 2019/2020. So are the remaining few being pushed out as an update, when they are just the same? I have otherwise great confidence in Fisher, but who knows now.

Same machine as originally launched.....warts and all. Still several available from Kellyco for "only" $2000. They can/do work but be prepared for potential problems.....all posted on this forum to see. Beta version at a premium price.....don't hold your breath thinking the v2 is on the way. I'd be gobsmacked if Fisher launched a "fit for purpose" AQ.....I'd be as happy as anyone but for now, my 1989 Garrett XL500 Pulse (Eric Fosters personal machine) does the job admirably.

Tony

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tony said:

Same machine as originally launched.....warts and all. Still several available from Kellyco for "only" $2000. They can/do work but be prepared for potential problems.....all posted on this forum to see. Beta version at a premium price.....don't hold your breath thinking the v2 is on the way. I'd be gobsmacked if Fisher launched a "fit for purpose" AQ.....I'd be as happy as anyone but for now, my 1989 Garrett XL500 Pulse (Eric Fosters personal machine) does the job admirably.

Tony

Thank you, thats what I thought. They didn’t update anything but the price. 

The worst part is the battery life. You will be very disappointed in it as it lasts about 3 hours at best. Originally a spare cost around $200.00 if I remember correctly. I don't know what it would cost today.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

The worst part is the battery life. You will be very disappointed in it as it lasts about 3 hours at best. Originally a spare cost around $200.00 if I remember correctly. I don't know what it would cost today.

Yep, 3 hours run time is ridiculous but at least there are solutions to that problem with a DIY battery pack.

• Like 2