Hot Wheels 4, Happy Ending

Awesome hunt. Dollar coins are kinda rare for me.Ā  Never 2 in one hunt. My parents home had those old fuses in the basement. I think we called them cork fuses. You have that Deus dialed in nicely!!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Awesome hunt. Dollar coins are kinda rare for me.Ā  Never 2 in one hunt. My parents home had those old fuses in the basement. I think we called them cork fuses. You have that Deus dialed in nicely!!

Thanks!

When I was a kid I used to change those fuses in our old 1921 house, the box was in the damp basement. Surprised I never got shocked putting one in. šŸ˜€

It was a shock however, to find so many quarters and two dollar coins in one spot at a beach. šŸ¤Æ What the heck was going on?Ā 

• Like 2

Not the happy ending i was expecting, thought the forums were getting a little risky.

Congrats anyways!

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

today using the Deus 2 with my "Hoover" program,

You really need to change that name to the Hot Wheel program, you really are going to have a used car lot.

Nice coins for a hard days work at swinging that detector. Which coil are you using on it, and how deep are the finds?

The last picture reminded me of the Loch Ness pictures and I first thought it was a family of them.Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Genuine envy...It matters little what you can find, but the time to devote to the search, that is priceless.

I am waiting with fatigue for the first free opening for a dive šŸ™

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

You really need to change that name to the Hot Wheel program, you really are going to have a used car lot.

Nice coins for a hard days work at swinging that detector. Which coil are you using on it, and how deep are the finds?

The last picture reminded me of the Loch Ness pictures and I first thought it was a family of them.Good luck on your next outing.

Thanks VL,

No idea why I'm finding so many Hot Wheels, it must be a thing with kids now to bury them. The swans were probably looking for them too. šŸ˜ there were lots of Mother and baby ducks along the river edge, I should have got closer to them for photos. This new phone camera kinda sucks.

I dug some of the previous cars at almost 12", one was about 15" but it was big.Ā  I've hit some coins at that depth as well, usually quarters but also dimes.

Yesterday my deepest coin came from the surf line at about 8". It was the nasty looking quarter. I have to wear shoes on this beach because of the pebbles, got a bit of neuropathy so it hurts to wear sandals when the rocks get in them.

The coil is the 11x13" elliptical Deus 2 coil. Nice thing is I have found I can use a Beach Sensitive based program both in and out of the water, and still hit stuff pretty deep in the water. A day wearing waders is forthcoming, but by the time it gets cool enough to wear neoprene I'd probably need a PI to get the gold. šŸ¤£

• Like 4

3 hours ago, geof_junk said:

The hoover program is doing very good, if you send me a few $$$ i will send you my Dyson program.Ā šŸ¤£

Hmmm,Ā Ā I could trade you this Lankybox toy I found, I see them on eBay for as much as $100... šŸ¤”

20230814_135612.thumb.jpg.1f1fc8d6510ecb7d59d7b4f9bcd1769e.jpg

Ā 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Genuine envy...It matters little what you can find, but the time to devote to the search, that is priceless.

I am waiting with fatigue for the first free opening for a dive šŸ™

Thanks, SGD!

I envy those whoĀ canĀ dive, it's something I've never done, and at 63 I probably won't try. 6 hours in that heat was a test, a breeze came up later when a front came through but the temperature shot up to 94F. About an hour or two after I left it the beach was hit by severe thunderstorms that produced tornado warnings when they crossed the river. šŸ˜¬

I retired early so I at least still have some health and am crazy enough to bear the hot weather. I'm pretty sure diving at this place would produce some great finds, it was a busy Steamboat landing in the 1800s. The bottom of the river is silica silt with few rocks. That is both good and bad because gold would sink pretty deep.

Another problem with diving might be the Naval Weapons Center close by, the patrol boat was out again yesterday keeping boats away from the area. They blow up all kinds of stuff underwater. šŸ¤” Might be rough on the ears.

• Like 1