New Hunting Setup Brings Some More Pieces

Awesome finds Skull. I've done very little detecting while scuba diving but it always felt like such an ordeal for me. I've also done a little snorkel hunting (decades ago). I used to acquire multiple targets and mark them with plastic clothespins. Then dive back down and dig them all out on the same breath.                                  By "electric" I assume you mean an electric air compressor? Sounds like a great option. Look forward to hearing more.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Compass said:

By "electric" I assume you mean an electric air compressor? Sounds like a great option. Look forward to hearing more.

Yes, I have been observing several hunters with Blu3 systems for some time, but also someone in Eastern Europe with the z270 (whose manufacturer is still unknown).

Battery life is the sore point so months ago I decided to slim down the cylinders I use, losing at least 15kg of weight on the harness but getting similar bottom time of 1.5 hours 🧐.

But...Less than three hours for a decent seabed assessment and research is nothing.

So the end of the story will force me to create a bigger or higher amps battery to last more without to leave and change/recharge/return in the same day.

• Like 2

Very nice finds and I bet that you still enjoyed the hunt.

No matter which way you hunt in the water, when you can still find items like that it is worth it.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow! That's some nice treasures! 

Me at 71 and having to walk a good distance with all my gear in a drysuit, I made a cart out of kayak cart with balloon wheels. What would be great if you could mount the electric air system on this with a couple batteries as backups. Seems like a lot extra but for me I'm beat by the time I come out of the water and carrying 20 pounds of weight, a excalibur, scoop, and sifter, than walking a mile back to my car wearing the drysuit.....the cart is the best thing I have used to make my hunting trips easier.

I got this idea from Carter Pennington (Detector comparison) who dives and carries all of his equipment to the beach using a beach cart..., he was kind enough to share this information.

11.jpg

20230909_150306.jpg

SNAG-0015.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

..the cart is the best thing I have used to make my hunting trips easier.

I tried to build a similar thing withstainless steel and six antipuncture tyres to avoid sinking in the sand.Unluckily there's no other way than to to use sand wheels with air chamber and low pressure.I'll try to modify the setup or maybe I'll buy the damn electric snorkel🤣

• Like 1

Wow Joe , parking a mile from the beach ,with all that gear , in a dry suit  ? and  then out up to your chin with it for hours . 

I know what 70 feels like .You must have been a pit bull when you were younger !

🥸 You need a support ship or at least a barge ! hmmmm  Maybe a friend with a pontoon boat....

And you sure earn that booty.🖖

• Like 1

Here were a couple of methods I used to get into 2 small beaches once the gate was locked at the end of season. The year was 2011.

wheelbarrel1.JPG

wheelbarrel2.jpg

wheelbarrel3.JPG

• Like 2