The Depth Abyss Between Mono And P12πŸ˜‘

Skull diver

Deus 1 and the ORX had a Salt Mode for some of their programs. That Salt Mode is not included with Deus 2 Mono......maybe something we could ask for.Β 

I still agree with the conclusion that Deus 2 Mono Program 7 running as high a frequency as your conditions can stand but probably dry sand only, Β is more sensitive to smaller targets than Beach Sensitive.

With the V2.0 software update, FMF Goldfield is now just as sensitive to small targets as the Mono program running a similar high single frequency. Goldfield is a least using simultaneous multi frequency FMF tech so it might run a little better than the Mono program on dry/damp sand with some adjustments.

Beach Sensitive is still really good and the best option for wet sand/light surf from my limited experience.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Skull diver said:

Just try any piece of tiny gold with an air test in mono and P12 after...You'll realize what I mean.

I'm searching the same spot since a month ago, exactly the same place where I found a few pieces.

For me personally. Tiny gold is not worth my effort and does not pay the bills. The time lost chasing specks can lend itself to miss other opportunities.Β 

• Like 1

I've only been using a modified Beach Sensitive program on my beach and now water hunts. I'm hitting dimes at a foot (30cm), and caught a tiny gold ring (size 4) in the wash with the D2 and no waveguide with a strong signal (47 ID). It was not shallow under the sand, and at least 4" of water above it. The coil wasn't in the water when I first heard the ring.

I have salt sensitivity at 6, tracking on, magnetic accept, 0 offset for full tones, Silencer 0, and Sensitivity at 89. I set Reactivity at 0.5, and don't go more than 2 if there is a lot of iron junk. Audio response at 6. I run bottle caps at 5 because when I don't I dig bottle caps.

I don't hear much noise at all when the coil is shallow with water rushing over it, and none in the water. Could any of your diving gear be causing an issue? My settings are a bit bump sensitive since V2, but the tones are not as loud as a find. πŸ€”

I'm new to water hunting for the most part so just putting this out there. I find what others miss!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Goldfield is a least using simultaneous multi frequency FMF tech so it might run a little better than the Mono program on dry/damp sand with some adjustments.

Yeah...I just air tested some jewels with the goldfield program after the Update and I found it amazing.A real shame it can't be used on saltwater saturated sand.

I even tried underwater to hear the result but changed immediately to another personal programπŸ’€

Β 

15 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I don't hear much noise at all when the coil is shallow with water rushing over it, and none in the water. Could any of your diving gear be causing an issue? My settings are a bit bump sensitive since V2, but the tones are not as loud as a find.

I solved the noise in P12 discovering that audio filter over 3 was causing the saltwater signal to be amplified/elongated (so easy to confuse with a target but painful continuous).

Here I'm just noticing that other programs hits harder on gold almost at twice the depth.

It might be a visual impression, someone says, but even if the fact of a super amplified signal do the magic, I see a ring to sound almost near to the remote (on my Anderson dive shaft this is like 40cm🧐)

Note to self (I use a 9" coil)Β 

• Like 2

I'm just going to throw this out there. Have you tried the Relic program? I know it doesn't have salt sensitivity or magnetic accept/reject, but it is somewhat similar to the Goldfield program, but has subtractive frequencies like the Beach and Dive prigrams to deal with water. You can adjust the max frequency to 40 kHz and set the IAR at 5 and possibly be able to run the sensitivity higher. I've never tried this as I don't live near salt water, but I did try goldfield on a salt beach on vacation recently and it worked great in the dry but way too noisy in the wet. I didn't think to try the relic program then and just ran Beach sensitive in the wet sand and surf. Just a thought.

20 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I'm just going to throw this out there. Have you tried the Relic program?

Thanks for your suggestionπŸ™.

Recently this possibility was discussed in another post and I responded by attaching Gary's video explaining the properties of Relic...

Again, thinner or less conductive targets are less highlighted and this is certainly not appropriate for the case of 'gold in salt water.

I have air tested some recently found pieces and the theory fits perfectly with what Gary said in his video.

Today I made new changes to P12 by completely removing discrimination and notch, raising audio response to 7 and lowering salt sens. to level 5.

Something very similar to a pure all metal and with reactivity 0.5 I must say I am satisfied.

From here I start with a good matrix for maximum detection depth.

Taking into account a 9" coil I squeezed about 34cm from a medium size steel ring that detects on 55 ID.

So being very similar as a result on white gold I think I have arrived at the maximum I can get from this program.

All that remains is to try it on the seabedπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skull diver said:

completely removing discrimination and notch, raising audio response to 7

I have done much testing and there is nothing to gain with Audio Response at 7Β  Β In a Salt environment a 7 setting can really hurt.Β  I would only recommend 6 max.Β 

• Like 2