Different Kinds Of Northern Nevada Gold (pictures) From 1 Trip = Over An Ounce

23 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

Some of your usual beautiful gold Gerry. It is inspiring to see how regularly you come up with beauties.

I wanted to add that anything Maureen Johnson wrote is usually among the finest in the category, she was amazing.

Well it might be regularly for me, but in reality, I could have been swinging for much less time in my old trash areas and probably would have hit a couple specimens of size and ended up with more gold weight.  But this trip was more about Training Customers and then I ended up taking in trade the GPZ-7000 I used.  What better place to test it than the ground I know best.

Yes I agree, MJ writings are well worth it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LuckyLundy said:

besides knowing a few clues

yes, that's the problem with being a long distance traveler to RP…I don't know the area well.

• Like 2

Fantastic finds, Gerry. Congrats! People always say RP is (mostly) dead. You prove it wrong every time. If you put your heart and soul into it, RP always rewards you. Also good to see the good old 7000 producing. Still my favorite machine and without a doubt the best detector ever made, when performance is the metric.

GC

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Funny thing about that post Gerry is you halfway got me thinking of getting another GPZ 7000. You also have me halfway thinking there is now one ounce less gold to find out there, so why bother. :laugh:

Steve,  I'll be making a post some day about why/when a 7 is needed, but you already know.  It's certainly not my desire to swing one but there are now options with the lighter coils we didn't have 2 years ago and that does help tremendously.  Still overweight detector and maybe (hopefully) the next gen ZVT technology will be state of the art.  

Still plenty out there, less one ounce.

• Like 5

I have been to Rye Patch once, probably 15 years ago or so.  I had no idea where to go while driving around I ran into a older gentleman sitting on his tailgate.  So we talked for a bit and he gave me a pointy finger.  He told me to keep an eye for those cubes and crystals.  He said when you find those together you should find gold there also.  I didn't find any gold but it was a nice drive. LOL

• Like 2

That sounds like my old hunting partner, the legendary Smokey Baird; he told me the exact same thing when I first met him at Rye Patch nearly 24 years ago…has it been so long?!

• Like 3

On 11/20/2023 at 8:39 AM, Arky said:

Very nice results Gerry! And I'm glad the 7k is still with us. 

Arky - It's a Love vs Hate relationship with a GPZ-7000.  Love the performance and hate the body aches during and afterwards.

LuckyLundy - Yes it seems that the majority of folks have walked away from Rye Patch.  That's fine with me as I still enjoy what it offers.

RVPopey - I'm ok with an occasional mess of smaller gold.  Actually at times it's thrilling to hit a nugget every 5 minutes.  I found a small patch and pulled 9 pieces from a 20' x 30' area.  Sure there are even smaller ones for a GPX-6000, but normally not my style.  Maybe next season I'll swing back over with a 6.

Gold Catcher - I'm slowly coming back around to it.  I still feel in most of my areas, a GPX-6000 is fine.  As you know, each has it's +/_ and desired areas with results.

Swegin - You most certainly could have been talking to a Legend.  It's amazing he even gave you that much help.😆  If it's the same Legend, he's found more gold out there than most of us combined.

Lunk - Yes I think Swegin must have run into Smokey.  You/I know those few words were about as much as he'd say to most, when it come to "where to find the gold".  He was great with keeping his patches near his vest. 🤫

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1