Harvesting The Wheat After The Cherries Were Picked

Congrats on the IHP, wheaties, buttons, and other older bits, F350, and I love the thimble! Well done!

I feel like the large brass pieces are from an oil lamp or possibly an old potbelly stove. Good hunts! 😎

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Congrats on the IHP, wheaties, buttons, and other older bits, F350, and I love the thimble! Well done!

I feel like the large brass pieces are from an oil lamp or possibly an old potbelly stove. Good hunts! 😎

Thanks, I was hoping for better but I take what I get. 😀 It's sad that these places have been hit so hard, there's no one stopping anyone from looking, but in that case you have to scout until you find a hotspot that was missed. In a small subsistence farm there aren't many hotspots. Evidence of horses is much better.

I imagine I'll find random objects here and there and some may be surprising. That's what the 13" excels at. It's a lot of walking and quiet, then you get shocked. 😁 I was surprised to find the old brass button at the second place, and the IHP tells me there is potential for older finds. I'll have to hit the house site with a dig it all frame of mind and the 9". Nothing is going to be too deep.

This was just a scouting run, next I'll apply Farm Hunting 101. 🤣

• Like 3

Congrats on the old buckle pieces. I love looking at the 17th century stuff. Hope you can find and focus in on a hotspot. I never pay much attention to someone else hitting the spot before me. Unless he shows you coppers and Spanish by the boatload 😲😲😲, then and only then would I worry 😄. It actually makes me focus and want to find something he missed. 🧐

• Like 4

Thanks, I love the really old stuff too, even if it's bits. 😀

I did find that one small brass button so there's hope, going back to hit the turn zones, and look at the field below the house where I got the button. Had to make sure the guy at the bottom of the hill knew who I was and doesn't release his dogs on me 😅

The place I got the spectacle buckle also deserves another look, it'll be later next week after 5 inches of rain soaks in. Supposed to get high winds when the front comes through, that will start the surface drying anyway. 🤔 Going from the 60s to the 40s. 😵

• Like 1

Congrats on such a good hunt again, and I hope you keep getting permissions like those that you have already.

Good luck and good hunting on your next outing.

I finally made it back to Illinois on Saturday and am hoping that I can get in a couple of hunts before the end of the year. I have a beach that people want me to hit to find some items that was lost from several people.

Stay warm and stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another nice spot 350 !

I thought oil lamp parts too  !  An IHP is an automatic go back in my book. My total IHP count is zero though so I might be a bit anxious....

6 miles ! wow 😩 Last hunt I traveled about 50 yards , but got a lot more distance getting up and down to dig. 😉Took me almost 3 hours... and the finds pouch was full.  Here's a pic of the really good stuff.   Just kiddin' , there wasn't any.

Well the white is gone so no digging issues today , as long as I don't mind the mud.🥸And have really good rain gear..👍

The storm is visiting here since last night. 3+" rain so far.No spinny winds max 33kt S. Seas 5-8'   Further north (Down East) just multiply all by 2 , up to 50+kt so the northern fleet is on shore hoping winds turn to offshore and they will in pm. Lots of snow in the mtns.,,,,just not here on the coast.🤗 All the wet should be ice by tomorrow morning though.. which means one thing.....ROOT SLAYER !

It ain't over till it's over.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

I salute your tenacity and dedication….those were long days!  
Good job soldier.  👍🏻

Thanks Colonel, I like the long walks on nice days. Gotta keep doing it to keep my health. Sometimes if I've stopped for a few days I get wicked leg cramps, but two capfuls of cider vinegar in 4oz of water stops them in seconds. 😀 I bring lots of water and take magnesium too.

Second day was only about 4 miles. It's all shuffling and swinging the detector.

• Like 2