Prospecting For Another Kind Of Gold (long Read) & A Little Success. Part #1

You may as well throw in the towel as a dealer and just become a full-time jewellery hunter on the beaches, a nice lifestyle and you are always paid off with great rewards for your efforts.  

• Like 6

• The title was changed to Prospecting For Another Kind Of Gold (long Read) & A Little Success. Part #1
1 hour ago, phrunt said:

You may as well throw in the towel as a dealer and just become a full-time jewellery hunter on the beaches, a nice lifestyle and you are always paid off with great rewards for your efforts.  

Well once I retire these write off trips will be a little more costly and out of pocket.  I'll still go down, just probably not as often, maybe once a year. 

You really need to look into it Phrunt, as you're already a gold hunter and understand tecknyke and patience. My style of Prospecting gold jewelry incorporates both. 

• Like 2

Some truly amazing finds,the beach Maestro at work,very well done.

• Like 1

Great saves south of the border once again, Gerry…WTG!

• Like 1

Geeze Gerry ....wrap up post is all days in one amazing.🤯 

I hope the trip planner gets a bonus for knowing location location location ! 👍

(I assume you must have taken that detector training course those guys up in Idaho do ,,,, maybe even more than once?)🤔

That gold ring is a stunner , even with already seeing it when you first posted the find ! At first I thought "OMG , he found another one ! "🤑 

And a couple/three to keep it company this time too ! 😜

I'm sure the difference in the finds would go a long way to offsetting the future cost difference of the higher end over the average places ?

(I've played the work "vacations" card (for 30 years straight) and the actual tax savings on the deduction is WAY less than that deduction was....) You COULD do it full time , well assuming the trend towards "el cheapo" wedding rings fades out soon.....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Fabulous story and even more fabulous finds Gerry - thanks for writing it up and posting for us to enjoy!

I'm guessing you are pretty happy with the Manticore. :wink:

Getting more acquainted each time I go with it. This was only my 3rd time.  Hunting in Saltwater 3 to 6' depth is totally different than beach hunting. 

Still feel my FBS 3030 was better at depth on men's wedding bands. I'll work with Iron Bias and Recovery Speed a little next time.

It's so hard to stop hunting and start playing around with unknown settings when on vacation standing in the ocean.  Idaho has nothing similar to test.

Love the more compact and ergonomics of Manticore vs 3030 though. 

• Like 6

On 12/25/2023 at 3:54 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Merry Christmas followers and friendly competitors.  Boss said it’s time to check out and get on board. 

Great trip!!!  Yes, save the steaks for back home!!! LOL  Can't wait to get into that fresh Tuna sushi! 

I should be out for my first day Saturday, starting the winter season. Going to encompass New Years and Easter. Hope the gold gods are kind!!!!!!

• Like 2