Mf Machines On Mineralized Black Sand Salt Beach. Update 4/8 Legend, Manticore, Nox 900.

Thanks for sharing your findings 👍

• Like 1

Makes a very interest read,thanks for posting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Midalake, thank you for the comparison... I have one question... if you switch from horseshoe  mode to discrimination  mode on the EQ 800 when checking the target... you will be able to improve the VDI identification of the target... - even if at the price of, for example, a less smooth audio signal... ?

1 minute ago, EL NINO77 said:

if you switch from horseshoe to discrimination on the EQ 800 when checking the target... you will be able to improve the VDI identification of the target... - even if at the price of, for example, a less smooth audio signal... ?

I have not switched back out of Horseshoe for years. I find the response in Horseshoe to be crisp and rounded. I will experiment on some deep nonferrous targets next time out. I doubt it will produce a better TID number....but who knows?  Will report back.  😎

• Like 2

What I often experience in addition with the D2 compared to the Nox:

I get a loud and clean hit on a target. After I remove one or two scoops of sand, the signal is nearly gone - I mean so far gone, I wouldn’t dig any further, if I didn‘t knew there MUST be something.. 
If you get the target out, it sounds nice and clean again.

You sometimes have the same effect with the Nox if you move the target, but not nearly as often as with the D2 imho.

• Like 4

Thanks for the comparison.

I talked with two other hunters while hunting the salt water surf-line today and both had EQ 800's.

Both said that they handled soil minerals well and were good for small gold jewelry.

I found an 8.7gm 14kt band today with my CZ-20, but the CZ does not like heavy black sands, otherwise a deep hunter.

• Like 2