6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

???

6 hours ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

When is the new gold release coming out

We all know Minelab are always working on their next generation detectors, be they coin/relic/gold or dedicated gold, as Gerry mentioned elsewhere. I'm guessing that the next GPZ detector will be revealed at the upcoming Minelab dealer conference in Oz, May of 2025. I believe that to be a reasonable prediction, as the 7000 is so long in the tooth now, and Minelab's next flagship gold detector is long overdue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

???

There is actually 3 new PI's coming out from different manufactures.  I would also expect all 3 will be priced less than Minelab so there will a great cost savings during this bad economy.

Who knows what Minelab has coming out, but I assure you they are working on one.  As we have heard from the grapevine, it would not surprise me if the Worldwide Conference is when we know.  Now if Minelab waits to long and these other 3 manufacturers get things rolling sooner, then they will cut into potential Minelab sales.  Who knows, maybe that's why they are trying to clear the shelves of old technology 5000's that were once selling well in Africa.  Well, we know what happened there, that market dropped out.

Options is good and competition keeps pricing more manageable.

4 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

It would not surprise me to see Minelab drop the price under $3000 a few months from now.

I'll wait for the new one coming out soon or use my trusty Garrett Axiom that can find the majority of remaining gold better than a 5000 and it's cheaper.  Just my own opinion.

For those who used to have a 5000 and liked it and now want to get a new one, I guess now is your chance.  You just have to pay more.  They'll probably say, cost of inflation went up.

Good luck selling them Ron, but I would not be sitting on a bunch of them. 

I would be glad if Minelab would lower the MAP price on the 5000 to match the competition as they usually make it fair to the dealers when this happens.

3 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

There is actually 3 new PI's coming out from different manufactures.  I would also expect all 3 will be priced less than Minelab so there will a great cost savings during this bad economy.

In my opinion only I believe Minelab will win the company competition in the long run as they have the majority of the patents.

Can you share which companies have the new PI’s coming out. Only know of Nokta currently and Algoforce and Fisher is old news?

3 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

'll wait for the new one coming out soon or use my trusty Garrett Axiom that can find the majority of remaining gold better than a 5000 and it's cheaper.  Just my own opinion.

I have been waiting on the Axiom lite package to come to the US before I stock up on them, a lot better package than the standard ones and will save a lot of money for the purchaser.

The 5000 seems more of a specialty detector for people wanting to have no proprietary coils and the ability to use any sized spiral coils on crazy deep stuff.

3 hours ago, Lunk said:

We all know Minelab are always working on their next generation detectors, be they coin/relic/gold or dedicated gold, as Gerry mentioned elsewhere. I'm guessing that the next GPZ detector will be revealed at the upcoming Minelab dealer conference in Oz, May of 2025. I believe that to be a reasonable prediction, as the 7000 is so long in the tooth now, and Minelab's next flagship gold detector is long overdue

They really need a new lineup on all there gold detectors prior to the 6000’s release.

Need a SDC and GPX Pro to go with the GPZ Pro and a multi frequency gold vlf.

5 hours ago, Lunk said:

We all know Minelab are always working on their next generation detectors, be they coin/relic/gold or dedicated gold, as Gerry mentioned elsewhere. I'm guessing that the next GPZ detector will be revealed at the upcoming Minelab dealer conference in Oz, May of 2025. I believe that to be a reasonable prediction, as the 7000 is so long in the tooth now, and Minelab's next flagship gold detector is long overdue.

I’d agree with that. When Gerry mentioned soon I thought he meant soon, like this year. Announcement May 2025 with likely availability by end of 2025 is not my definition of soon, so I’ll go back to napping until then. :smile:

• Like 1

Date of release who knows but what we do know it`ll be a good one.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Date of release who knows but what we do know it`ll be a good one.

With a damned good (for Minelab) price as well..... But with a huge price comes huge expectations. It would have to be a significant step up in technology (and therefore end-user performance) to justify the purchase. ML have indeed done this many times. The gold is there, we just have to have to tech to hear it. All the other manufacturers are merely catching up at this point....10 years too late. But, perhaps Nokta may surprise us all....they seem to be the only ones climbing the ladder ATM.

• Like 1