Best Piece For A While

A couple of days ago went to a new area, no diggings around, and no finesse to my detecting, I`m not working low and slow trying to hear faint changes in the threshold, I`m hooking in and covering as much ground as I can.   Two days ago I hit a point oner that I thought for sure was a birdshot and yesterday I got this one.    So for about nine hours detecting I got 2,  the gold is hardly leaping out of the ground all over the place, but it`s a big area and I`m still young (i wish).   2.69 grams.  Dave 
R0010101.jpg

Nice one ... It could have been a sunbaker?

I'd say if the weather is good keep on swinging.  We have 110-115F in our gold fields now.

It is time for beach detecting!

Mitchel

PS ... was reading about Bathurst the other day.  Are nuggets still available around there?

No Mitchel, it wasn`t a sun baker, it was about 8 " down and the signal came through as big as a bucket.    
Mate never got any gold at Bathurst but years ago I got a couple of pieces at Sofala and Ophir and I got about a dozen pieces at Native Dog Creek and I`m told if you are prepared to put the time in at Hill End there is still nice gold there.  These four spots are all within about 50-60ks of Bathurst. cheers Dave

When I come to Australia I want to stay a few nights in Bendigo.  I don't know any of the other places, yet.  haha

I`ve only been to Bendigo about 3 or 4 times, but the first time I went there I just pulled up at a spot at random and got a bit of gold about 3 min after I turned my 3000 on  :ohmy:

Steve I took that photo with the camera you gave me and that undetectable speci of mine, I got it about 10ks up river from Sofala about 30yrs ago :smile:

Well done Dave, yeah mate I agree, no use going low and slow till you find something worth slowing down for on virgin ground. good luck in the area mate.:smile: