Minelab GPZ 7000 Treasure Talk Posts by Chris Ralph & Steve Herschbach

Steve 

'I am VERY excited to have a GPZ 7000 and can't wait to spend every minute possible this season using it. There is no question the machine will earn its keep for anyone used to paying for their detectors will the gold they find. It is however all about being a good prospector and not about the detector. The GPZ 7000 will not turn a poor prospector into a good prospector. That is one function it lacks.'

Thanks Steve I'm happy with that, as they say 'Time, Effort, Perceverance = Reward

Thanks Steve. I'll have mine Monday and be out there Wednesday. We'll see how it goes in some hot conditions (both temp and mineralization). I'm in the Murchison area of W. Aust, 40C + atm

Thanks for you info

Cheers

BB

The 20 gram wire mass I dug at 18 inches gave a normal sounding though not loud response. Because it was a single, well centered response, I knew it was a deeper target. It just got louder and louder as I dug down on it, as one would expect on a typical target.

I wonder if we're gonna start pulling lots of deeper meteorites up now too that got missed with PI's with the increased sensitivity to lower inductance and lower conductivity gold seems like it might be a possibility. Wish I could sell them like gold.

Just the geology of meteorites is that they are surface deposits. Only in some unusual conditions do they really sink in. The GPZ may pick up a few pieces with only traces of metallic iron missed by other detectors but not many I would expect. A lot of types of gold deposits are superficial and without a lot of depth too and these won't yield all that much because of their lack of depth.