Software Changes on GPZ

Hi guys

I understand that alot of you want a simple detector.

But I want a detector that I can squeeze the most performance out of.

And if we had better control like I have asked for I could easily squeeze another 10% extra depth out of thd gpz in most conditions.

I also realize that 90% or more of the operators will never learn how to do this, but at least the possibility is there.

I like Steve's idea of a pro section in the menu that you can select if you want more control like I do, or leave it switched off if you find it to difficult to handle.

Here lies the problem. Where I generally detect. the conditions can change numerous times in an acre. Deep forest duff, exposed bedrock, hot rocks, trash, down timber, charcoal,no mineralization, excessive amounts of gold and a hundred other things I'm not thinking about. It simply isn't practical to cover an area several times and re-adjust the detector each time. Even if I had the intelligence to do so.

Another idea. If your GPZ is acting up and your thinking about sending it in for a checkup. Why not just hook it up to your computer to the Minelab Doctor page and run diagnosis and fix it at home?

LuckyLundy

Hi Lucky, great idea.

Hook your GPZ up to your computer,

open the ML diagnostics page, hit the button and voila,

you're good to go.

In a year or so after we all have our 7000's,

have watched JP's DVD (right JP?),

and read all the experienced prospectors comments 

this whole thread will be moot,

we'll be too busy out in the field with our picks and shovels

to deal with theories.

half-joking opinion of course…

All good stuff.

Choices like this need not be one or the other. The White's V3i is probably the best example. There is a default icon based simple menu that does what the 90% wants. There is an extremely deep advanced menu that can be accessed separately and set as the default menu if desired. Not a big deal.

The diagnostics idea is great.

My take on paying for updates is to allow Minelab to have some source of income from detectors already sold, to pay for the R & D involved in those updates as we do when we purchase a detector for $10000 that has probably got $500 worth of parts. To stretch the life of that detector. Gold detectors are not mainstream consumer products like PC`s, tablets etc ,thus the economy of scale do not apply to them. Come on Minelab make the GPZ`s GPS more useful.