Over An Hour Of Independent GPZ Video

I hated the 5000 the first few trips. Then I disliked it. Then I tolerated it. Then it became acceptable. Then it worked pretty good with a few glitches. Then it became the best gold detector available. But I'm the type that still has a car that has ignition points and a place for a hand crank.

• Like 1

Gold Hound

Next time I run into Tremain, will have a chat with him, firstly to apologise for incorrect spelling of name (shouldn`t listen to teacher missus), and then to see how the GPZ is going. Certainly as stated is early days for GPZ, but so far I`m impressed. Just a wee frustrated as it seemed we were going to have a early start to the prospecting season, now with those cyclones harassing us ?? Love the videos, but they are a bit of a tease on a wet day. GPZ may be weatherproof but I`m not.

Vic

I found that to be a pretty fair run myself.  It demonstrates that there is a learning curve and the Zed needs to be run as... well a Zed :)  I thought that the machine could have been run a bit quitter and noted that no real effort was made to run ground balance after repeated on/off cycles or switching between modes.  So I have a bit of question about overall performance.  However they did point out some good information on target responses and overall I think it was very fair.  Aside from a few targets both the 5000 and 7000 showed very similar response.

My thanks :)

I used to be a go fast guy but am really switching gears with the GPZ. How slow and methodical can I go is now the order of the day for me.

*Slow and methodical*

Those Words are worth Gold right there!

As you start to understand what the GPZ 7000 is telling you. You'll understand what I'm getting at.

I've even taken to carrying a note pad and pencil to scribble down what settings why how etc. on many targets.

ad...

• Like 1

I loved this video. Firstly these gentlemen are quite experienced, no missing that.

But their approach was relaxed and interested with great good humor.

How could anyone not appreciate them going to the trouble to share their learning curve?

I agree Steve and JP and Gold Hound, it seems best not to rush the education the 7000 has to give,

but let its subtleties reveal themselves by taking time with it and paying attention

and especially not having any preconceived notions.

Fun to watch.

Got to agree, Gold Hound videos will be important part of the history of the electronic gold rush, not for just the gold but the feel the watcher is a participator. They are unique something that will be watched with awe in a hundred years or so. We are very privileged to live in this era, keep them coming this vegemite gives you a ten.

There`s a rum at my digs anytime fellows. Tremain knows where I`m at.

Then your potentially missing out on a huge amount the GPZ has to offer..... It's not a massive learning curve but it does take time to avail yourself of the opportunity of experiencing the full potential of ZVT.

JP

Two ground types that troubled it were a big concern for me, as the roughly 14km x 8km range I majorly detect in they hold sway in far too many areas there. Added with what I believe is a major fault/mistake in one setting on the unit, I passed.

I got to experience its full potential JP, and it came in above the mark, granted, but it had limitations over those ground types that I did not like. Actually at the price offered, 8, it should be with me now, but I have too many units set up with specific coils for one use only each.

And the GPZ even at that price was not putting me above the others in performance (for me). I pay for my units and they must perform for the reason purchased, and also gell with the operaters sense of detecting.

A distant thunderstorm was not a 'one use only' option that I was prepared to pay for.

I'm not having a go in any way Jonathan, believe me, at anyone or a manufacturer. I understand how the detecting world operates just as I understand the units themselves.

The GPZ is the first of the breed, it's the second unit that will come that'll replace half my stock, not this one.

• Like 1

Mate the video speaks for its self.

Gpz picked up 3 small targets the 5k could not even touch.

Gpz piked up all other targets found by 5k even though they are not familiar with how to get the most out of gpz.

Gpz runs well in adverse emi conditions that force you to stop on 5k.

Gpz can eliminate hot ground when switched to severe and still pick up a small nugget where 5k fails same test.

Gpz didn't detect 2 ground noise targets that 5k did.

Ahh.... I definitely must have missed all those Positive Conclusion's . I guess your mates did too.

So did you pick up on the Negative Conclusion's as well? Oh that's right, no conclusions were made apparently.