GPZ Settings Vs. The GPX 5000

Steves right, there is nothing wrong with turning off and on again any time you like or just using the Quick Trak button whenever you feel the need. However I have seen some instances here in Australia where the GB has been messed up (particularly in the variable mineralised areas and more especially with people pumping the coil at the start of a session), follow the recommended work flow procedure and all is good.

Work Flow:

Turn unit on, do an auto tune and manual tweak if threshold is unstable, with coil held in air and away from metal objects confirm settings are to your liking (Threshold, Gold Mode, Ground Type, Tone etc), select an area typical of your chosen location without trash targets, then with coil held at detection height above ground hold the Quick Trak button in and walk steadily away swinging the coil evenly, after 10 to 12 seconds (listen to the audio during this time and you will hear the unit stabilize) you can release the Quick Trak button.

This method is extremely simple to do and should add near zero time to your normal routine, exposing the coil evenly to as much typical ground as possible in that time frame helps immensely with the GB averaging. 

Edit addition: Please keep in mind, the detector dumps all the collated data at switch off except for the last setting which should be the best anyway, so when you switch back on again you are starting at a very refined position for your chosen area. As Steve has mentioned, in practice most people should not even notice the differences from one session to another unless they go to ground that is very different from last switch off.

JP

:) Engraved in stone JP.

I guess I was not very clear on why I think the way I do.  Hopefully the previous posts are not seen as to disrespectful.

No DDancer, I totally get and respect where you are coming from. Just tossing my own commentary into the mix. I tend to be posting to a wider audience so was not posting to you specifically. I just do not want some thing taking life beyond what is warranted.

Thanks JP for elaborating.