Went Back To New Spot

Chris Ben

So all week long I was fantasizing about the new spot I found where I found the 2 deep nickels on bedrock,  and after hearing the stories about Prospectors putting a nickel in the ground to replace a nugget I figured I was on to a new hotspot...

Well, it was a big bust. The 20 ft of wash I detected was the only part that had anything. Scouting new areas is either hero or zero. It's been zero for me for a while. 

I gave up on the new spot and decided to hit an old area where we have had some success. I decided to drive in a different way, and hit it from a new direction, to maybe see things from a different perspective. I ended up in a wash where my buddy Dave had pulled a couple out of a year ago. By the time I realized I was in that same wash, I was already digging targets. Maybe the monsoons moved some stuff around, because I know Dave hardly misses a crumb. After I dug my first nugget, a 2g chunk I slowed it down and moved the coil under all the shrubs in the wash. That was where I found the other 2 nuggets. A nice patch of 3. And I prevented another skunk. Tried to take a video of the last dig, not sure if I will post. 

20180925_164108.thumb.jpg.337cdaffd046b3443fd258378b677ac5.jpg

I like the quartz one.

Cheers, Chris

Beauties!