Silver #10 Fty From A Trashy, Pounded Dog Park

Ok, I’m a newbie. Both to the Equinox and to metal detecting. I started detecting a little more than a year ago, and I got my Nox 600 in August.

I know that 10 silvers for the year is a paltry sum for most veteran detectorists, but for me it’s a big deal. Particularly since seven of the 10 were found with my Nox!

With the end of the year approaching, I’ve been hitting every site that’s given up old coins and relics for me this year, hoping to get #10 FTY. We’re expecting major wind and rain today, so I got out early before the weather hits and searched a nearby dog park that i’ve covered so many times I can’t even count. I keep going back because interesting things show up from time to time: wheaties, IHPs, & relics. I wasn’t expecting silver. Even though other old things have come out of the site this year, none have been silver.

When I hit a deep 27-28 signal, I crossed my fingers and began working my way through the rocky soil, thinking it was going to be a clad dime. When I saw the mellow shine of silver, I smiled. My quest for #10 was over.

1171D966-B464-4B11-B240-AAD0EF435619.jpeg

97C2A16E-9998-4754-B927-BF1B3573E1B5.jpeg

Ten silvers is not a paltry sum.  I wish I could find an area around my current location that produced that well.  Nice first year!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

19 hours ago, SnohomishDigger said:

I know that 10 silvers for the year is a paltry sum...

I don't know that.  (My year end report will show up on New Year's Day.)  Sure, if you get the perfect (e.g. fairgrounds, old church) unsearched site, but how many of those are still around?

Well done, and keep learning that detector!