Silly Question, Who Uses a Bungee?

If you mount the hipstick on the harness belt it all comes off together. I can, if need be, answer certain urgent calls without removal of the harness...

I tried the swing arm long ago when they first came out...just another piece that is not needed for my style of detecting...

fred

Same here, the hipstick is on my Z harness permanently and I have the harness belt above pants belt so dacks can be removed without taking harness off on occasions. Would have enclosed photo but had already submitted.   Swing arm is in cupboard along with other thingos that didn`t work out, but the hipstick is a permanent part of detecting even with the SDC.

Crikey Paul you sent me one what 6 months or so ago and only just using one yourself, if I`d known that earlier would have sent you one way back. :blink: 

I have replaced the minelab bungy with a H/D one which has a clamp and has white cord with black or blue strips.

this bungy is a lot more flexible than the black ones.

half hitch around the handle of the 7000 and clipped to my brace on my harness....swing all day without any stress.

u don't really need the clamp on the bungy attachment as the most important part is the hitch around the handle, adjust and away u go, this bungy also allows u to swing wider without dragging u around.

regards

oneday

• 7 years later...

Have been trying a few permutations of harness and bungee combinations mainly on my GPX with the 18'' Coiltek Elite Mono coil on,and finally settled on a combination that i feel works well for me.I tried 2 full harness setups ie the Minelab one and a similar after market one and they do work ok of a fashion,but i hate being all trussed up like a chicken with all the cables and straps etc,yes it works well but i just hate using this setup.

So finally settled for a over the shoulder strap marketed by various companies i think Garrett also do one,attached to the centre of balance of the GPX shaft,i have a Docs gold screamer battery pouch coming so that will alleviate the heavy car battery from the waist pouch and thus far it works exceptionally well,i tried it with the 18'' Coiltek coil on and it can/could be swung all day without any major fatigue and also relatively comfortable as well.....i have tried the hipstick setup stup with a full GPX harness and it does work extremely well but i hate using a full harness.

So finally found a harness and bungee setup that works well for me,it took a while to find the ideal setup for my rig but well pleased with the finally setup.

7 hours ago, RickUK said:

Have been trying a few permutations of harness and bungee combinations mainly on my GPX with the 18'' Coiltek Elite Mono coil on,and finally settled on a combination that i feel works well for me.I tried 2 full harness setups ie the Minelab one and a similar after market one and they do work ok of a fashion,but i hate being all trussed up like a chicken with all the cables and straps etc,yes it works well but i just hate using this setup.

So finally settled for a over the shoulder strap marketed by various companies i think Garrett also do one,attached to the centre of balance of the GPX shaft,i have a Docs gold screamer battery pouch coming so that will alleviate the heavy car battery from the waist pouch and thus far it works exceptionally well,i tried it with the 18'' Coiltek coil on and it can/could be swung all day without any major fatigue and also relatively comfortable as well.....i have tried the hipstick setup stup with a full GPX harness and it does work extremely well but i hate using a full harness.

So finally found a harness and bungee setup that works well for me,it took a while to find the ideal setup for my rig but well pleased with the finally setup.

Pictures???

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Pictures???

Doc,this is what i am on about its a short video that i found on YT,its a very simply device buts works exceptionally well even with GPX and a 18'' Coil.

And also the bargain price of just under £25 including postage,that is a crazy low price.

42 minutes ago, RickUK said:

Doc,this is what i am on about its a short video that i found on YT,its a very simply device buts works exceptionally well even with GPX and a 18'' Coil.

So I have seen this device up close and personal.  Here's the thing I have learned after developing several Swingy Thingy's.  Under no circumstances do you ever want anything around your neck.  That is where the weight of the detector will be transferred to.  The Cervical spine is one of the most fragile parts of the spine.  At all costs do not put any unnecessary force on your cervical spine.  You will suffer the consequences.

You notice it says "FULLY ADJUSTABLE"  Fully adjustable is not INSTANTANEOUSLY ADJUSTABLE, which all of my rigs are.  You can change the length of the bungee in mid-swing without ever having to stop or miss a beat.

Just trying to point out the differences.  I think this device may be fine for lighter weight machines and flat ground where you are not having to constantly readjust the bungee length to accommodate changing and variable terrain.  Also the EASY SWING can be made instantaneously adjustable by just using a QWIPPLE™ bungee cord.

Remember everything I have developed as been motivated by me suffering injuries from detecting.  Torn rotator cuff, cervical disc degenerative disease, hand operated on two time, once completely opening my hand and cutting the tendon sheaths. And having the head of my ulnar bone in my right arm completely cut off due to injury.  I developed these things so I could keep detecting, otherwise I would not be able to.

Bottom line is, everyone has to use what works best for them, and there are certainly many folks using the Easy Swing, so apparently it is an asset to their comfort level.

Here's a video on how the QWEEGLE™ instantly adjustable bungee works, and it's not even the most recent iteration of adjustable bungee which is the QWIPPLE™

Doc

4 hours ago, RickUK said:

And also the bargain price of just under £25 including postage,that is a crazy low price.

This apparatus goes under several names detecting pal..detecting pro. Serious detecting has them as well as Amazon...I use one when beach detecting with various machines....allows you to let go of the detector when retrieving the target as well as relieving the pressure on your arm and shoulder. I have fused vertebrae in my neck and it does not aggravate it what so ever...Have not used it however with the 7000. use the minelab harness for that or go buck naked..

strick 

4 hours ago, strick said:

or go buck naked..

…a sure fire way to discourage claim jumpers...

On 5/6/2016 at 8:40 AM, fredmason said:

If you mount the hipstick on the harness belt it all comes off together. I can, if need be, answer certain urgent calls without removal of the harness...

I tried the swing arm long ago when they first came out...just another piece that is not needed for my style of detecting...

fred

I miss Fred.