Hard Prospector

Nokta AU Gold Finder Officially Introduced

49 posts in this topic

sorry to derail the main point, Steve;

i was just commenting on an issue that affects a large percentage of people and seems to be ignored by manufacturers of all products.

The LEDs are certainly not anything I would depend on. Like you audio is my first filter when coin hunting; but nugget hunting I dig it all.

fred

Detail of sealed battery compartment...

nokta-au-gold-finder-side-view-illustrat

nokta-au-gold-finder-battery-compartment-lid-details.jpg

4 people like this

The Nokta AU Gold Finder User Manual is now available for download here.

It says the machine makes a Low Tone for Positive Hotrocks and Iron? What about Cold Hotrocks? My Lobo makes a Boing Boing noise over them. Will this Nokta make the Boing noise too?

How does the AU Gold Finder compare and compete with other detectors in the market? What is success story so far?

1 person likes this

On March 24, 2016 at 9:47 PM, tvanwho said:

It says the machine makes a Low Tone for Positive Hotrocks and Iron? What about Cold Hotrocks? My Lobo makes a Boing Boing noise over them. Will this Nokta make the Boing noise too?

Yes it will Tom.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, M Chuma said:

How does the AU Gold Finder compare and compete with other detectors in the market? What is success story so far?

I am guessing that the Nokta AU Gold Finder was designed primarily for the African market but I could be wrong about that. The only retail outlet that I know of in the United States is Kellyco. Since it is a new detector and with only one retailer, most people will never have heard of or seen this detector. I have one but it sees little use as I usually toss my Gold Racer in the truck instead. I guess I may have to get more hours in with the Gold Finder and will make a point of doing that over the next month.

Field test written in the July/August Gold Prospectors magazine by Kevin Hoagland....

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/pdf/AU-Gold-Finder-Test.pdf?

image.jpeg

1 person likes this

On 3/3/2016 at 8:24 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Now I know why so many people run red lights. Then the next time they'll sit through the green one.

Color blindness could sure be one of the reasons but I think most of it has to do more so being distracted.  We sit and sit at the light and as soon as our eyes move away from it that's the exact time when it changes.  

One of these detectors is.going.to be given.away at the Rye Patch nuggetshoot.  Id like to win it. I like the dials for.super fine tuning. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Reno Chris
      Greetings fellow prospectors! For a more than a year I have thought about doing up some Youtube videos on prospecting and I have finally gotten off my backside and done it! This is the first video of a 3 part set where I will be taking a look at Minelab's new Gold Monster 1000 nugget oriented metal detector. This part one video is an introductory discussion about its various features and settings. In the next couple weeks I will put up part 2 which will be on testing the GM1000 out in the field and then part 3 will cover some practical suggestions for prospectors on getting the most out of your Gold Monster 1000 and a discussion of some of the best kinds of places to use the GM1000. I will publish those other parts soon, but for now, here is the part 1 video. The quality here may not be perfect, but there is a lot of good information and content in this video. Additionally, now that I have the ball rolling you can expect other videos on different prospecting topics coming later once I have completed these 3. - Chris

• By Steve Herschbach
      A nice overview of why some people like to go metal detecting. This is a bit of an experiment as an embedded Facebook video so let me know if it does not work for you.

• By fredmason
      Jayray  posted this on Bill Southern's meteorite forum...pretty cool Franconia Hunt
      http://www.nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/30577-latest-video-sort-of/
    • By Steve Herschbach
      I have had a Nokta AU Gold Finder sitting around for some time. The Gold Finder is the same 56 kHz detector as the Makro Gold Racer, but stuck in an old school knobs and switches waterproof housing. As such it lacks a LCD display and therefore the ability to display target id information. In exchange you get a unit where the battereis are in the control box, so it can be hip or chest mounted. Or in this case, put onto an alternative shaft assembly.
      I have an old Otto fiberglass shaft for the Minelab PI detectors I kept when I sold off my last Minelab GPX. I was planning on using it for my Garrett ATX modification but I ended up using a White's "S" rod for that project.
      I also have a 15" x 13.5" DD coil for my Gold Racer that I really liked. The problem there is even though it is a very light 15" coil, it still makes the Gold Racer more nose heavy than I prefer. So Gold Finder sitting around and rod assembly sitting around - Bingo - it's mod time!
      Easiest job ever. Since the AU Gold Finder is already set up to hip mount, all I had to do is drill the Otto rod to mount the Gold Finder control box. I wanted to mount the control box under elbow for better balance. The controls look upside down when you do this but in reality when you are using the detector and go to make adjustments it works better that way looking down from topside. The AU Gold Finder box almost seems intended to be set up like this as it has a shelf over the LED lights that makes a nice footrest when the control box is flipped over. Since the box is waterproof no need to worry about speaker etc. getting wet or dirty - just hose it off.
      Came out very nice, only 4 pounds 2.1 ounces with batteries or 4.13 pounds, and way better balanced than the Gold Racer would be running the same coil. I can use a bungee if need be but at 4.13 pounds this weighs no more than many coils running smaller coils. Nice, I am keeping it permanently set up like this.
      Click on images for larger versions.

• By Steve Herschbach
      Published on Dec 19, 2016 - In this episode of Gold Trails, host Kevin Hoagland starts his adventure with a private tour of the White's Metal Detector factory in Sweethome Oregon. He then makes his way to a nearby GPAA Mining Claim in search of gold nuggets. Later in the show he tests his luck on the Oregon Coast with a prototype White's detector searching for treasure with the Metal Man!