GPZ 7000 Gold Finds

Hey all,

I have not had time to post for a long time so thought I would brag a bit about my GPZ finds.  I have had the detector about a year now and these are my finds to date.  I still run it flat out on Normal every chance I get and have been happy with it.  I love this detector except for a while there I had tennis elbow from it.  Had to start using the swing stick and that slowly got better and is now gone.

I would like some opinions on what to do with the large one covered in what looks like ironstone.  It is really solid right under the ironstone, not porous.  I tried soaking it in CLR for a few days and toothbrushed it with absolutely no improvement.  Should I leave it natural?  Acid?  other ideas?

Thanks!

GPZ 7000 GOLD.jpg

• Like 9

Hydrochloric  (Muriatic acid) would probably clean it up. I would probably leave it alone, at least for a while, but it depends on personal taste or if and how you intend to market the nugget.

Thanks guys.  My wife also likes it, natural, the way it is too. 

I had to sell 3 ounces, my 5000 and my wife's 3000 to help pay for the 7000.  As a rule I don't sell my gold but after reading so many posts about the 7000 I could see the benefit.  I just need to get out more to start paying it back!  Prime weather for detecting in CA coming up!

Tasman - I did the same type thing (sold 3 detectors) to get my ZED, and although I've yet to get the larger pieces you have.... I've never regretted doing such.  

I did deeper holes now, but produce more collectively than the three ever managed.  Unfair comparison, due to location variables, and certainly miss the discrimination abilities.  Great haul three - and agree, leave it as is.  

The CLR for two days, should have taken off the easy stuff, muriatic acid will make it appear unreal / unnatural.  Congrats!

What I would really like is if I could just accentuate the high ridges of gold that stand out in front of the dark like tiger stripes.  Is Wink like CLR but a bit stronger?  I never heard, does everyone think that it is ironstone covering it?  There is just a little bit of iron stained quarts on it too.

I also realized I put the weight wrong on it.  It is actually 0.69 ounce.  The next smaller one with the quartz is the half ouncer.