They’re Here!

Skate

And so it begins.... or does it :laugh:

Looking forward to using the EQ, and reading how everyone gets along with it :cool:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

And so it begins.... or does it :laugh:

Looking forward to using the EQ, and reading how everyone gets along with it :cool:

I am too, I bet a lot of people pull it out of the box start futzing with settings and get frustrated.  I did that with my CTX trying to set it up just like my Etrac.  Got so mad LOL.  Then I set it back to stock coin started learning it THEN I modified it and have been using the same program for almost 4 years now, just changing separation depending on the place I am hunting!  I bet people that play with it in stock settings and modes for a while will get along with it better!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vez said:

I am too, I bet a lot of people pull it out of the box start futzing with settings and get frustrated.  I did that with my CTX trying to set it up just like my Etrac.  Got so mad LOL.  Then I set it back to stock coin started learning it THEN I modified it and have been using the same program for almost 4 years now, just changing separation depending on the place I am hunting!  I bet people that play with it in stock settings and modes for a while will get along with it better!!

I have a long history of trying to be smarter than the directions. As a former detector of the week user I tweaked and tweaked settings on every hunt, during the hunt and while I got good with my etrac, CTX, V3i, I never committed to it. Finally with my Deus I went to Andy's bootcamp, put in his settings and I haven't looked back. I just turn it on and go and my finds have never been better. The Equinox will be the same. Listen, learn and leave alone. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skate said:

I have a long history of trying to be smarter than the directions. As a former detector of the week user I tweaked and tweaked settings on every hunt, during the hunt and while I got good with my etrac, CTX, V3i, I never committed to it. Finally with my Deus I went to Andy's bootcamp, put in his settings and I haven't looked back. I just turn it on and go and my finds have never been better. The Equinox will be the same. Listen, learn and leave alone. 

When I first tried hunting with my White's XLT, I apparently changed as many settings as I could to make detecting as frustrating and non-productive as possible.:biggrin: After reverting to the stock programs, and reading about each and every function and how they interacted with one another, I finally got it tweaked and working well. Essentially the only things I really changed were the Tone ID, Threshold, and other little things to personalize the sounds more than anything else. Detector manufacturers aren't typically in the habit of making default programs perform poorly just so that you have to manually correct things. Yes, they are generalized for typical environments but by that definition, you should be able to turn on and go. This is what I would recommend to anyone, with any new detector.

My biggest concern is that they'll ship soon, but dealers will get only a couple each initially, and someone near the top of the preorder list still may have to wait. Possibly weeks more!

• Like 1

I heard from my dealer that once dealers receive the shipment they may be required to release them on a date determined by Minelab.  The purpose of this is to release them all on the same day all over the world.  So if your dealer says he has them, be patient for him to ship them to you or to release them. Minelab has strict policies for dealers to follow.  Just want you to be prepared if this is the case. 

1 hour ago, Morris said:

The purpose of this is to release them all on the same day all over the world.

Oh, brother.

If true, way for Minelab to make this about Minelab instead of the buyers who have been waiting so long.   I don't mind the realities of development, production lines, and worldwide shipping delays, but to cause an additional delay for some executive's marketing stunt, spare me.  Hope he realizes that even if they do that, they will still get in folks' hands at different times due to local shipping times.

Why don't they have us all show up in front of the nearest Deus or AT Max user's house at the same time and taunt them with our new Equinoxes while the Minelab blimps and drones take pictures of us all doing it across the world at a synchronized predetermined flash mob time.  Lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter
2 hours ago, Pigglywiggly said:

I will be a new detectorist once i receive my eq600. I havent watched a single vid or tutorial.......learning is half the fun to me.

You will be a very good person to follow.  Being user friendly, folks like this in a detector as long as it can find the goods.  I will be watching your progress.  Glad you joined this forum too.  This forum is growing with membership, as it should, cause it's very good.  I don't think you'll see anyone here shun you or not take the effort to give what some might consider remedial advice when it comes to detecting or detector operation.  I have seen this kind of behavior in other places, never here.  I stand a chance to learn from anyone really when it comes to detecting.