Just Received My Simplex+

Congrats on your new purchase and I hope you have fun with it.

I am also with snow here and it is cold too.

I am on the other side of Saint Louis and just north of it in Illinois.

Maybe we could get together sometime and have a hunt. I might be able to learn from you about my 800 and get better at what to look for.

My brother lives in Springfield Mo. and I used to live Osage Beach many years ago, so I know a little about the Ozarks.

'Red' ... I appreciate the very informative post on the Simplex + air-test results.  I hope to get shipping info on my Simplex + soon and look forward to doing some side-by-side comparisons.  I also have a salty beach detecting jaunt to make once it arrives.  I know it will make a nice fit in my Detector Outfit and I look forward to Dilek's announcement of accessory coils for this device.

Keep us posted on how things go when you take it afield, and Best-of-Success!

Monte

Redneck

I too just received my Simplex but I haven’t yet had the opportunity to truly test it in the field. If the weather will hold tomorrow will be the day .

I know I joke lots about everything. What I’m about to say is no joke.

I’ve had a lot of detectors over the years and spend lots of money to have them . Buying the Simplex I can say never spending so little but getting so much for my money.

Thank You Nokta/ Makro for a top quality machine!

Chuck Anders 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Redneck

I too just received my Simplex but I haven’t yet had the opportunity to truly test it in the field. If the weather will hold tomorrow will be the day .

I know I joke lots about everything. What I’m about to say is no joke.

I’ve had a lot of detectors over the years and spend lots of money to have them . Buying the Simplex I can say never spending so little but getting so much for my money.

Thank You Nokta/ Makro for a top quality machine!

Chuck Anders 

I don't know, I was really pretty happy with my Tek Delta and still own it. :biggrin:  My Simplex should be here soon, too. :wink:

Chase

You should have told me about the T Delta .I just looked at Kellyco and they got the Delta for 250.00 . If you would said something sooner I could have saved 4.15.

That’s nothing but the look of sadness 😐 on my face.

Chuck 

• Haha 1

Thanks for running these targets by the Simplex and sharing the results with us. I'm personally looking forward to hearing more from you about how it does on your hunts.

My shipment arrived, and several units were packed and posted off today, and the rest will go tomorrow. So feedback from Aussie users should start flowing in next week. 

I finally got out today with the S+.  I went to a near by park  .   Auto Ground balanced at 45.   The soil consists of an inch of black dirt , the rest is a yellowish- orange  clayish mix, with rocks mixed in.  The deepest I have ever found dimes here is about 6", and a silver barber quarter at 7" , 6 years ago, using a T2.  I have used the nox 800,  SEpro, F70,  Atpro, Racer, and others here. Lots of alum trash, can slaw and some iron.  

I turned the volume up to the max setting on the S+, My 60 yr old years like the higher volume,  Sensitivity max, it ran pretty quiet,  Relic mode,  Using the green wireless nokta headphones, which are very lightweight and comfortable.  I have smaller ears so the cups cover my whole ear.  I headed out into the baseball outfield.  Right field, on up to the 1st and 2nd  baseline area.  I got a 26-28 signal , figuring I had a nickel, and dug up a gold colored or plated Michael Kors pendant at one inch.  Its 1/4" diameter, and very thin.  Sensitive 11" coil!   I hit a solid 25 signal and figure this has to be a nickel, it was a square tab cut in half.  Later I hit a solid 24, and that was a nickel at an inch.  Most of the aluminum crap comes in from 30 to 60, so I soon did not bother to dig those signals.  Yes I could miss a gold ring, but I don't need another 5 gallon bucket of pulltabs in the shed.   Zincolns were hitting in the high 60's,  A dime hit near 80, and quarters were 89-91. 

I hit a good sounding signal, with the numbers hitting around 65.  I massaged the signal and the numbers climbed into the mid to upper 70's.  The depth meter I think was showing 3 bars ,so I dug a bigger plug and lifted it out. I rescanned, and it was showing upper 80's.  I dug deeper and at 6" was a clad quarter!   There were a few holes I dug that were 8-9"  , but I just did not want to go deeper, so I let those targets in the ground.  This detector is DEEP.   It is as deep, or deeper than the detectors I mentioned in the beginning.  

The draw backs are it does not visually  ID as deep as the audio detects, which is really no surprise.  If you are detecting in a sand beach or relic hunting in a field,  be prepared to dig deep.   Another negative park hunting is aluminum.  If you are in the park setting , it has 3 tones, but the high tone kicks in at 43, which will include a lot of aluminum in the high range.  The next park visit I will notch out the numbers from 30 to 60, and will eliminate most aluminum.  Al screw caps come in the low 70's , so those will get dug. 

I really like the 0-100  target range , with nickels coming in about 25, clad coins start in the  high 60's and up.  The compressed numbers on the Nox I did not like.  I noticed a lot of targets that came in from 30 to 60, usually bounced around, indicating odd shaped aluminum.  I'm thinking most rings will lock on to one or two numbers , so by watching the target id, it may be possible to dig up a ring  amongst the aluminum. 

I like it that the detector can be shortened up to about 29", its a space saver. Also the shaft lock  system you can set the shaft size where you want it, unlike the hole and button system that can be adjusted every 3 inches.  

It was a fun hour and a half, I rescued 12 coins.  In this price range , it has to be the deepest unit on the market!

The poor mans Nox, I nicknamed it!  HH

• Like 4